The Student Room Group

Uni

So basically I want to study primary education with qts for next year and I told my dad however he keeps telling me about being big things that I can’t really do and keeps saying it’s upto u but keeps putting me off I just want to do ittt😢 but I don’t know how to just tell him that’s all I want to do because I am
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I want to study primary education with qts for next year and I told my dad however he keeps telling me about being big things that I can’t really do and keeps saying it’s upto u but keeps putting me off I just want to do ittt😢 but I don’t know how to just tell him that’s all I want to do because I am

It's your life, and you deserve to do what makes you happy. Primary Education is a great area to go into! It's hard work but if it's what you want to do then I admire your strength to go into that field as it isn't an easy job by any means. Tell your dad why you want to study that, and that his pressuring and other suggestions isn't going to make you change your mind. Being "big things" isn't for everyone (I presume he means things like medical, law) and you should do what you're good at and I can imagine you're great with children and will be an amazing teacher. Tell him that you won't do well in an area you don't want to go into, and that you've thought carefully about your decision to go into the education sector. Best of luck (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending