The Student Room Group

URGENT: Maintenance loan payment blocked

Hi,

I am so stressed right now. I am a returning mature student (Final year) and didn't have any problems last year as I paid my own tuition fees while SLC paid me a maintenance loan.

This year SLC approved my application for both maintenance and tuition fees. I registered extra early on 14th September with my uni and they already sent confirmation of registration to SLC (I had this double checked a few days ago) but it says my payments are blocked on SLC website.

I was originally supposed to get paid on the 14th, then it changed to the 19th and it still says blocked today! The gentleman I spoke to over the phone last week said it is definitely because my uni has not told them I have registered but my uni are saying they sent confirmation long time ago and I am attending already (all online though)!!

I checked if my bank details are saved- which they are definitely (same as last year). Also, there shouldn't be any issues with the national insurance numbers as I got paid last year too! Any ideas when this block will be removed and I will get paid, as I have accomodation costs and if this is not resolved soon I might find myself homeless? :frown::s-smilie:

I am happy to give my details out over PM. Thanks and appreciate any help on this.
Original post by MrChill
Hi,

I am so stressed right now. I am a returning mature student (Final year) and didn't have any problems last year as I paid my own tuition fees while SLC paid me a maintenance loan.

This year SLC approved my application for both maintenance and tuition fees. I registered extra early on 14th September with my uni and they already sent confirmation of registration to SLC (I had this double checked a few days ago) but it says my payments are blocked on SLC website.

I was originally supposed to get paid on the 14th, then it changed to the 19th and it still says blocked today! The gentleman I spoke to over the phone last week said it is definitely because my uni has not told them I have registered but my uni are saying they sent confirmation long time ago and I am attending already (all online though)!!

I checked if my bank details are saved- which they are definitely (same as last year). Also, there shouldn't be any issues with the national insurance numbers as I got paid last year too! Any ideas when this block will be removed and I will get paid, as I have accomodation costs and if this is not resolved soon I might find myself homeless? :frown::s-smilie:

I am happy to give my details out over PM. Thanks and appreciate any help on this.

Hi, one of the most common reasons for payments to be blocked is if you provided duplicate bank details, either a bank account not in your name or used by someone else.
If it is your bank account and not being used by someone else then please call us or message us on Twitter/Facebook and we can have a look to see why it's blocked.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, one of the most common reasons for payments to be blocked is if you provided duplicate bank details, either a bank account not in your name or used by someone else.
If it is your bank account and not being used by someone else then please call us or message us on Twitter/Facebook and we can have a look to see why it's blocked.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac. I will call SLC again and find out as per your suggestion.
Original post by MrChill
Thanks Isaac. I will call SLC again and find out as per your suggestion.

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Update: My uni confirmed everything with SLC again, then the block got removed on the website. Next thing I know I got a text from SLC today saying my payment will be with me within 3 working days. That was FAST SLC!!!

Happy days. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by MrChill
Update: My uni confirmed everything with SLC again, then the block got removed on the website. Next thing I know I got a text from SLC today saying my payment will be with me within 3 working days. That was FAST SLC!!!

Happy days. :biggrin::biggrin:

Great news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending