The Student Room Group

Friend pretending to talk to other people

He puts his message status online to pretend to us that he is messaging other friends but we know he’s not got any other friends because he talks to us on a fake account. A few months ago we made a fake Facebook account to trick this guy on and our uses that account as his real Facebook account now so why would other people talk to him on that account because it’s a fake account to my mates actual name. So we know from all this that he doesn’t have any other friends apart from us so there’s no point pretending to talk to other people because we know 100% he is not. He is trying to make us jealous by pretending to talk to other mates but we don’t care even if he is plus he clearly hasn’t got any other mates.
Reply 1
Troll?

If not - why are you bothered?
Reply 2
Original post by ghjajkfa
Troll?

If not - why are you bothered?

No ffs it isn’t a troll

im bothered because he actually thinks he can make us jealous and he’s trying to get us to give him attention
Reply 3
It’s just because he’s trying to get attention
Reply 4
You clearly do care.
Reply 5
Original post by Pathway
You clearly do care.

Yes a do care because he actually thinks he can make me jealous
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yes a do care because he actually thinks he can make me jealous

Stop wasting your energy on this guy, leave him be. If he wants to chat to himself, it's nothing to do with you. Not worth getting worked up over.
Reply 7
Original post by Pathway
Stop wasting your energy on this guy, leave him be. If he wants to chat to himself, it's nothing to do with you. Not worth getting worked up over.

None of this is nothing to do with you either
He puts his message status online to pretend to us that he is messaging other friends but we know he’s not got any other friends because he talks to us on a fake account. A few months ago we made a fake Facebook account to trick this guy on and our uses that account as his real Facebook account now so why would other people talk to him on that account because it’s a fake account to my mates actual name. So we know from all this that he doesn’t have any other friends apart from us so there’s no point pretending to talk to other people because we know 100% he is not. He is trying to make us jealous by pretending to talk to other mates but we don’t care even if he is plus he clearly hasn’t got any other mates.

Asimilair thing happened to me one of my ex-friends claimed she had a boyfriend and said all this stuff about him ie made up and it went on for 4 years when we only found out because he ended up finding out and ratting her out
Reply 9
Original post by SlytherinSoul
Asimilair thing happened to me one of my ex-friends claimed she had a boyfriend and said all this stuff about him ie made up and it went on for 4 years when we only found out because he ended up finding out and ratting her out

Yes exactly
None of this is nothing to do with you either

Bruh, you've posted this on a public forum asking for advice. They gave you advice to just ignore it and stop wasting your time.
Original post by jwood1603
Bruh, you've posted this on a public forum asking for advice. They gave you advice to just ignore it and stop wasting your time.

But it doesn’t mean she can tell me it’s nothing to do with me
But it doesn’t mean she can tell me it’s nothing to do with me

You asked for people's opinions, don't get upset when someone offer you theirs. She's right, it is nothing to do with you. Sure they're your friends but what they do outside of that friendship ain't your business. So what if they do or don't have other friends, why do you care?
Maybe he does actually have other friends and you are jealous of that so it's you pretending these people don't exist rather than them not existing?

This childish stuff won't matter when you're older so do yourself a favour and just stop being friends with him if you're unhappy with they way he is trying to get attention/make you jealous. You'll realise how little this person matters and not worth making a faff about. Wish my problems could go back to being just silly school drama lol
Sounds a very trivial thing to obsess about. Let it go.
This thread started 8 months ago but since people are replying now OP are you still obsessed with this?
Original post by Ten-Ten
This thread started 8 months ago but since people are replying now OP are you still obsessed with this?

Sorry, I didnt notice the age of the thread or I wouldn't have posted a response.

But yes, as I recognise the style of the post this OP will still be obsessing over this topic and regularly starting similar threads about their friendless friend.

Who is probably actually himself...
Sorry, I didnt notice the age of the thread or I wouldn't have posted a response.

But yes, as I recognise the style of the post this OP will still be obsessing over this topic and regularly starting similar threads about their friendless friend.

Who is probably actually himself...

At least you weren’t the only one. What a strange thing to be obsessed about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending