The Student Room Group

Crap customer service

Wow this is such a great thread!!!

Crap customer service

It might be... if there was some real meat about "crap customer service" :biggrin:

But let's be real almost all customer service these days is ****. Power/phone/airline/medical whatever sector it is doesn't matter. There are always standard voice tree menus that send u down rabbit holes and waste tons of time, make u mad coz none of the options are what u need, and u can't speak to a human then "we are experiencing unusually heavy call volume. The estimated hold time is [fill in the blank but count urself lucky if less than 30 mins]"

That's if u don't get defaulted to the voice recog system...then if u r in a place with ambient noise or simply if u don't spk like the small group of ppl the system cannot recognize or respond "I am sorry I am having trouble understanding...pls rpt" Well no ****** **** Sherlock!! :mad:

Maybe Hispanic accent wasn't used for training altho' at this point in the history of the US that's basically discriminatory...every company should xpect this and train for Latin accents. But it's not just one specific accent that trips the system up. My friends with English accents had the exact same problem when I handed the phone to them and asked them to respond for me.

DL (Delta Airlines) wins this "contest." Schedule cxls meant that I needed to rebook a flight this summer well of course u have to call to rebook, u can't do this online even tho' the res is intact with a red "Sched change" flag and the note "You may have options. Use the Change button" which then errors out, "I'm sorry Dave but I can't let u do that!"

Rlly the DL voice tree msg is xctly as above, first time I called it told me EIGHT HOURS estimated wait....too long yeah so I did wait but the call dropped after four hours!!! So then I called back another day....now there was no wait time... buuut instead: "We r unable to answer ur call because of the excessive volume. Please try your call again later" and it hung up :mad: Awesome if ur flight leaves within a day or two and u literally cannot get connected to the service channel that is exclusively required by their own system. AAARRRRGGGH!!

What's more ALL companies use basically the same script.

Which crap customer service did u mean?
Original post by IWMTom

I'm guessing the OP agreed :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I'm guessing the OP agreed :smile:

Bahahaha it was one of those weird blank threads when I posted
Original post by IWMTom
Bahahaha it was one of those weird blank threads when I posted

I think it was the chap that was unhappy about a car salesman being a grump? The solution was to 'not buy a car from him' which is exactly what his family did.

You weren't missing much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending