15 and never got confirmed

Watch
csmh1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
idk what to do? I haven't been to church in years!! what do I do?? it's really late now isn't it?? :// my family are athiest but I want a community again and I like the Bible. I might want to be Jewish one day but until then I still want a religion
linedpaper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by csmh1912)
idk what to do? I haven't been to church in years!! what do I do?? it's really late now isn't it?? :// my family are athiest but I want a community again and I like the Bible. I might want to be Jewish one day but until then I still want a religion
Unless you have Jewish heritage, a rabbi will not confirm you or allow you to be a Jew- you can’t choose to be Jewish.
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you been baptised and had your holy communion? You can get confirmed at any age we had a 50 yr old in our group doing it
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by linedpaper)
Unless you have Jewish heritage, a rabbi will not confirm you or allow you to be a Jew- you can’t choose to be Jewish.
hey nah I meant my catholic confirmation )
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Have you been baptised and had your holy communion? You can get confirmed at any age we had a 50 yr old in our group doing it
hey I have! and oh okay, how do I do it? do my parents need to sort it out? it's putting me off that I don't know anyone at any nearby churches/chapels (
Last edited by csmh1912; 4 weeks ago
mikrokosmos
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s definitely never too late to get confirmed! I got confirmed at 16. I’m sure if you just pop into a local church, and ask about it they’ll be able to tell you more
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey I have! and oh okay, how do I do it? do my parents need to sort it out? it's putting me off that I don't know anyone at any nearby churches/chapels (
Ah you need a sponsor and just go talk to your closest church they'll be friendly and help you out Don't stress about it darling
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(I’m talking about my CofE experience which could be different to how Catholics go about it) but I just spoke to the priest at my church (in covid times you may have to find a phone number and ring them up) and said that I wanted to be confirmed, and they mostly sorted it out from there!
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by linedpaper)
This is not true.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikrokosmos)
It’s definitely never too late to get confirmed! I got confirmed at 16. I’m sure if you just pop into a local church, and ask about it they’ll be able to tell you more
oh does it have to be a Catholic one though?? or anu Christian church that I agree with? and thanks !! do you have to study the Bible or something? for how long?
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Ah you need a sponsor and just go talk to your closest church they'll be friendly and help you out Don't stress about it darling
ah okay!! thanks habibi 😘
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
This is not true.
you're right lmao idk what they're on about
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
(I’m talking about my CofE experience which could be different to how Catholics go about it) but I just spoke to the priest at my church (in covid times you may have to find a phone number and ring them up) and said that I wanted to be confirmed, and they mostly sorted it out from there!
ah how long did it take? what was the process? like do you study the Bible? and can I change from Catholicism to say,,, eastern orthodoxy? idk
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ah okay!! thanks habibi 😘
No problem
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Respect other people’s religions.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
lol I have just turned 15!! that's the least of my worries. there's not THAT much of a difference anyway... why do you care so much??
Last edited by Wilykit; 4 weeks ago
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ah how long did it take? what was the process? like do you study the Bible? and can I change from Catholicism to say,,, eastern orthodoxy? idk
They said in the service that there would be upcoming baptism+confirmation services (it's a fairly big church), so I spoke the priest afterwards and they just arranged it, went to a meeting with the other people getting confirmed a few weeks later and then got confirmed a few weeks after that!

I mean you do have to be a Christian to get confirmed in a church, you know that right? You can be a Christian without being confirmed if you don't want to commit to a particular branch of Christianity now
I think Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodox Church are pretty different aren't they? (I am neither so I don't really know tbh )
Last edited by laurawatt; 4 weeks ago
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
They said in the service that there would be upcoming baptism+confirmation services (it's a fairly big church), so I spoke the priest afterwards and they just arranged it, went to a meeting with the other people getting confirmed a few weeks later and then got confirmed a few weeks after that!

I mean you do have to be a Christian to get confirmed in a church, you know that right? You can be a Christian without being confirmed if you don't want to commit to a particular branch of Christianity now
I think Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodox Church are pretty different aren't they? (I am neither so I don't really know tbh )
yeah that's what I mean. I want to be Eastern orthodox but I was baptized catholic. so do I need to be baptized again? I don't think so? do I just phone them/email them?
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah that's what I mean. I want to be Eastern orthodox but I was baptized catholic. so do I need to be baptized again? I don't think so? do I just phone them/email them?
ahhh I see! probably worth phoning/emailing them to find out :yep:
mikrokosmos
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh does it have to be a Catholic one though?? or anu Christian church that I agree with? and thanks !! do you have to study the Bible or something? for how long?
I’m not sure if other churches do it, depends if it’s Catholicism you’re going into. I didn’t have to study the Bible at all! Obviously it depends on the Church you go to, I’d did mine 2 years ago and I just had to attend about three 2-hour sessions where we discussed the sacraments, some bible scriptures etc. but that was it and it was a lot less than I did for my communion!
Last edited by mikrokosmos; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (63)
18.69%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise