The Student Room Group

Proof of residency needed

Hi,
I am an EU citizen living in UK for over 10 years. I am currently in my first year of university. I've applied for a student loan and received an email stating I need to provide evidence of my residency in UK for the last 5 years. I have been granted a settled status under the EU settlement Scheme in October 2019. Do I still need to provide 5 years of residency evidence even though I have Settled status?
Thank you
Original post by kinutri
Hi,
I am an EU citizen living in UK for over 10 years. I am currently in my first year of university. I've applied for a student loan and received an email stating I need to provide evidence of my residency in UK for the last 5 years. I have been granted a settled status under the EU settlement Scheme in October 2019. Do I still need to provide 5 years of residency evidence even though I have Settled status?
Thank you

Hi, no - we have a new procedure for applicants who have settled status. You can upload the EU Settled Status letter and home office share code in your online account and we will verify if you have settled status, then no physical evidence will be required.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, no - we have a new procedure for applicants who have settled status. You can upload the EU Settled Status letter and home office share code in your online account and we will verify if you have settled status, then no physical evidence will be required.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you! I've just uploaded them to my account. I talked to 2 SFE advisors over the phone this week and each of them told me something completely different.
Original post by kinutri
Thank you! I've just uploaded them to my account. I talked to 2 SFE advisors over the phone this week and each of them told me something completely different.

Sorry to hear that. It's a new procedure so perhaps one of the advisors was not aware.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Sorry to hear that. It's a new procedure so perhaps one of the advisors was not aware.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Issac,
After uploading my settled status I have contacted SFE on Facebook and they are still saying that I need to send in physical proof of residency for the last 3 years. I am very confused. So is physical evidence needed after all?
Original post by kinutri
Hi Issac,
After uploading my settled status I have contacted SFE on Facebook and they are still saying that I need to send in physical proof of residency for the last 3 years. I am very confused. So is physical evidence needed after all?

Which advisor said this? If you have EU Settled Status then we can accept the letter and share code.
If you let me know which advisor it was then I can pass on the feedback to my colleague.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Which advisor said this? If you have EU Settled Status then we can accept the letter and share code.
If you let me know which advisor it was then I can pass on the feedback to my colleague.
Thanks, Isaac

It was Kristina on Messenger. I've now received another reply from Leon and it looks like my uploaded letter along with a share code is accepted after all! I just need to wait for up to 15 days for it to be approved. Hope it all goes well. Thank you
Original post by kinutri
It was Kristina on Messenger. I've now received another reply from Leon and it looks like my uploaded letter along with a share code is accepted after all! I just need to wait for up to 15 days for it to be approved. Hope it all goes well. Thank you

I'm sorry to hear this. I have passed on the feedback. It is a new process so not everyone is aware.

Please look out for any emails saying your evidence has been rejected because the digital upload team has been rejecting this evidence incorrectly. If you do receive any email saying it has been rejected then please contact us so we can resolve this.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending