The Student Room Group

Staring into each other's eyes without saying a word?

This happened yesterday.

She was sat down on the sofa facing me, and I caught her looking. We continuously looked into each other's eyes for quite some time without saying a word. Then I smiled and she smiled.

This has happened quite a few times mind.
Reply 1
Before anyone asks "Is there a question"... I'm just asking if this is good or bad?
It’s hard to say. Has anything else happened?
Original post by Anonymous
Before anyone asks "Is there a question"... I'm just asking if this is good or bad?

This is good mate, if u like her ask her out.
It's a battle of attrition. Stare deeper and assert dominance.
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV123
It’s hard to say. Has anything else happened?

Teasing each other, playful hitting once or twice, she complimented my top once, asked to wear it and claimed it looked better on her. She has randomly hugged me a couple times too.
Teasing each other, playful hitting once or twice, she complimented my top once, asked to wear it and claimed it looked better on her. She has randomly hugged me a couple times too.

These are all the signs that she likes you
Reply 7
Original post by arydodger
These are all the signs that she likes you

It's just so confusing because before showing me all this she told me she "didn't want to get with a flatmate"... and when she told me that I just thought she wasn't into me, but now she shows me all this.
Original post by Callicious
It's a battle of attrition. Stare deeper and assert dominance.

I wouldn’t recommend this because I did that and laser beams shot out and killed the poor guy.
You trying to read each others souls :yep:
I don't know about that, but I do it because I'm into her?
I don't know about that, but I do it because I'm into her?

A person does it because they are into you, or because they're trying to figure you out :dontknow:

But getting with a flatmate is not really advised.
So maybe she likes me, but when she told me "I don't get with flatmates" before showing all the "signs" in the OP, she's telling the truth?
So maybe she likes me, but when she told me "I don't get with flatmates" before showing all the "signs" in the OP, she's telling the truth?

She probably was telling the truth when she told you originally, but then if a person ends up being really attracted to their flatmate such opinions can change. Then again they might not. Reading threads in this forum on occasion you would think that a girl either doesn't want anything to do with a guy or wants to be in a relationship with them. In practice there is a massive middle ground. You obviously get on well with this girl and there's clearly a decent amount of chemistry between you. But then there often is between guys and girls that are just good friends. It's possible she now wants to go out with you, then again she may just be enjoying the relationship you have as friends. You won't know, and neither will anyone else who posts advice, until you ask her.

If she said that, I'd go with that, regardless of what signs she shows. She might be attracted to you, but she made clear her intentions and if this has changed she needs to say. You could ask her if you really care and want to know.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
She probably was telling the truth when she told you originally, but then if a person ends up being really attracted to their flatmate such opinions can change. Then again they might not. Reading threads in this forum on occasion you would think that a girl either doesn't want anything to do with a guy or wants to be in a relationship with them. In practice there is a massive middle ground. You obviously get on well with this girl and there's clearly a decent amount of chemistry between you. But then there often is between guys and girls that are just good friends. It's possible she now wants to go out with you, then again she may just be enjoying the relationship you have as friends. You won't know, and neither will anyone else who posts advice, until you ask her.

I see, but we only met like 2 weeks or so ago.
Meh, pretty much everyone i've heard say 'I don't date flatmates/work colleagues/friends' tends to do those exact things.
I see, but we only met like 2 weeks or so ago.

The changes nothing from my first post, save that it if there is a possibility that she would think again on her "no flatmates" rule, it is perhaps less likely that she would do so after knowing someone for only two weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending