The Student Room Group

My cousin is better than me

I want to be better than him then it just will look better because I can show people im better than this guy who used to be better than me and I can rub it in to him. I just want to know how I can just be better

Scroll to see replies

Wanting to be better than someone will actually hinder you in the long run.

Trust me.
Reply 2
Original post by angelike1

Trust me.

No it doesn't, wanting to be better is good because it gives you goals to always try be better
Original post by angelike1

Trust me.

I agree. Focus on bettering yourself for YOU not for anyone one else. It will make you a better person overall and if you are constantly trying to "beat" someone else you will never focus on yourself
Reply 4
Original post by ruru06
I agree. Focus on bettering yourself for YOU not for anyone one else. It will make you a better person overall and if you are constantly trying to "beat" someone else you will never focus on yourself

I just want to be better than everyone else that's my aim
Original post by Anonymous
I want to be better than him then it just will look better because I can show people im better than this guy who used to be better than me and I can rub it in to him. I just want to know how I can just be better

Has someone told you that you aren't as 'good' as your cousin?

What would 'better' than everyone else look like?
(edited 3 years ago)
Better at what?
Reply 7
Why do you care? Do what you can do, don't worry about what others are capable of.
I just want to be better than everyone else that's my aim

You don’t need to better than anyone, stop trying to impress people because at the end of the day you’re making them happy and not yourself. So my advice is ignore the haters and keep doing you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by glassalice
Has someone told you that you aren't as 'good' as your cousin?
What would 'better' than everyone else look like?

No I just think he's better
Better than everyone else would just be like better possessions, better behaviour, more money, better career, more friendly etc
Original post by gtty123
Why do you care? Do what you can do, don't worry about what others are capable of.

I just do, I just want to be better
Original post by DepressedLife
You don’t need to better than anyone, stop trying to impress people because at the end of the day you’re making them happy and not yourself. So my advice is ignore the haters and keep doing you :smile:

I'm making myself happy if I'm better than them
No I just think he's better
Better than everyone else would just be like better possessions, better behaviour, more money, better career, more friendly etc

So you dislike yourself? And you think that pretending to be someone else will make this go away?
(edited 3 years ago)
I just don’t want backlash because I have just done a thread about ksi and people are kind of being rude
I just do, I just want to be better

You can't beat everyone. You can try, but if you are genuinely incapable of beating someone, you shouldn't dwell on it. "I just do" isn't good enough. You want to be "better" which is fair. Now, whether that means beating your cousin or not, only time can tell. If you do, then cool. If not, don't dwell and move on.
Original post by glassalice
So you dislike yourself?

No because im better than some of my friends atm and im better than some of my family but I just want to be better than my cousin
Original post by gtty123
You can't beat everyone. You can try, but if you are genuinely incapable of beating someone, you shouldn't dwell on it. "I just do" isn't good enough. You want to be "better" which is fair. Now, whether that means beating your cousin or not, only time can tell. If you do, then cool. If not, don't dwell and move on.

Im not dwelling im just asking on here how I can better than my cousin
I just don’t want backlash because I have just done a thread about ksi and people are kind of being rude

Thought that was you
Im not dwelling im just asking on here how I can better than my cousin

Firstly, it'd help to have the correct SPAG. Secondly, I never said you're dwelling. I said you can try to beat them, but if you don't, then you shouldn't dwell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending