The Student Room Group

University offer through email but not on track

Hello, currently I have been offered a place to go to a university by email, but it has not yet updated on track and it has been a week. I called up UCAS and an advisor told me the university must update it on track so there is a possibility I still could be rejected.
Please could anyone give me advice on what to do next. I really don't want to bother the university since I'm so chuffed that they offered me a place but I guess that would be the only reasonable option (?) If I do this, what exactly do I ask them? Is there a chance they would reject me based on this since it might show impatience and a tiny bit of arrogance? I should mention that the email did not say a name; just an offer of acceptance.
Call/email the uni they cannot reject you for asking a question as it has nothing to do with your actual application.
Reply 2
Original post by hollymarsden1
Call/email the uni they cannot reject you for asking a question as it has nothing to do with your actual application.

Okay, thank you. Do you know if this happens often or very rarely, because I've seen forums where they say universities normally email offers and then update on track later. I'm just wondering whether I should wait until this Friday at least before calling/emailing since it has only been a week since the offer from email.
Original post by Azotic
Hello, currently I have been offered a place to go to a university by email, but it has not yet updated on track and it has been a week. I called up UCAS and an advisor told me the university must update it on track so there is a possibility I still could be rejected.
Please could anyone give me advice on what to do next. I really don't want to bother the university since I'm so chuffed that they offered me a place but I guess that would be the only reasonable option (?) If I do this, what exactly do I ask them? Is there a chance they would reject me based on this since it might show impatience and a tiny bit of arrogance? I should mention that the email did not say a name; just an offer of acceptance.

This is probably admin on the end of the university rather then an issue.

Its probably the case that the department who gave you the offer have dealt with the admin on their end & submitted the offer but the central admissions staff just haven't updated UCAS yet, due to COVID lots of unis have slimmed their admin staff and are working from home (so you can imagine some unis will be a bit slow handling this stuff).

If you call/email the admissions office and ask politely to check it will be fine. Id say after a week its perfectly reasonable to ask the question (and if you wait another week people will start taking annual leave for XMAS).
I agree it is most likely an error with the timing of the email. UCAS should be the ones to notify you of any decision updates.

There is no harm in chasing after 5 working days. It will not affect the outcome of your application.
Reply 5
Okay, thank you everyone for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending