The Student Room Group

Need an alibi for sneaking out of the house to buy presents

I wasn't expecting my brothers home over christmas because they live in different parts of the country, but they made it. It's been difficult to sneak out of the house before because both of my parents work at home so they would notice if I left the house for a few hours. I will have to go tomorrow morning/early afternoon because that is looking like the best opportunity

What would be a good excuse because I want it to be a surprise?
I'm a jobseeker and I often get phone calls from recruiters so shall I say that I got a call from a recruiter and they asked me to go and see to register tomorrow? Or is that not likely given the pandemic and that it's not typical for me to do that just before christmas.

I was thinking of just saying that I am going for a walk or cycle but I will need to be away longer than an hour.
I only live with my parents who I don't get on with so I can't really relate but I just explicitly say I'm going Christmas shopping for you and then they don't believe you but they back off, and then you can get them things. It's hard as a 14 year old (me) but I'm glad I managed. If things get too hard to find excuses, just explicitly day to them that you're going to buy then presents and then they can't come. Just joust I'd share what I do but it might not help. Just a suggestion 😊
Reply 2
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
I only live with my parents who I don't get on with so I can't really relate but I just explicitly say I'm going Christmas shopping for you and then they don't believe you but they back off, and then you can get them things. It's hard as a 14 year old (me) but I'm glad I managed. If things get too hard to find excuses, just explicitly day to them that you're going to buy then presents and then they can't come. Just joust I'd share what I do but it might not help. Just a suggestion 😊

I get on with my parents a lot/most of the time so if I said that it would give it away. Also they might ask why are you going on December 21st/22nd (yet the real answer is because it is impossible to sneak out of the house when they are both working at home) and that's not really my fault.
Original post by Anonymous
I get on with my parents a lot/most of the time so if I said that it would give it away. Also they might ask why are you going on December 21st/22nd (yet the real answer is because it is impossible to sneak out of the house when they are both working at home) and that's not really my fault.

Just say your going to buy presents for a friend!

Oh right. Sorry I don't know what to do 😕 all I can think of is if you live in the middle of a city say you're going for a long walk to ease your stress and go shopping then. Just a thought
Original post by makeupgirl9

Good idea
Reply 6

They would say 'What friend?' (they don't live nearby) 'You never buy your friends any presents'
Why don’t you say you heard your friends are getting something for you and didn’t want to be rude
They would say 'What friend?' (they don't live nearby) 'You never buy your friends any presents'

Say a new friend that you've recently met or been good to you, or you can say your volunteering or gifting toys to them charities whom give Christmas presents to the poor children who's parents cant afford any!
Why sneak at all. Just say you’re going out to buy presents
I wasn't expecting my brothers home over christmas because they live in different parts of the country, but they made it. It's been difficult to sneak out of the house before because both of my parents work at home so they would notice if I left the house for a few hours. I will have to go tomorrow morning/early afternoon because that is looking like the best opportunity

I'm a jobseeker and I often get phone calls from recruiters so shall I say that I got a call from a recruiter and they asked me to go and see to register tomorrow? Or is that not likely given the pandemic and that it's not typical for me to do that just before christmas.

I was thinking of just saying that I am going for a walk or cycle but I will need to be away longer than an hour.

You need to get rash cream for your coochie infection
Say a new friend that you've recently met or been good to you, or you can say your volunteering or gifting toys to them charities whom give Christmas presents to the poor children who's parents cant afford any!

Excellent idea :clap2:
You need to get rash cream for your coochie infection

Damn you troll, how is that relevant? She ent said anything about coochies :confused:
Why sneak at all. Just say you’re going out to buy presents

Yeah, I can see why you said that but someone would say something like 'Why are you doing it on December 21st/22nd?' or 'Why couldn't you do it earlier?' (Yet the real reason for this is that it was impossible to leave and return to the house without making it extremely obvious what I was doing because my parents are working at home).

Just tell them you are meeting your mates, or going to a job interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending