The Student Room Group

Post vaccine effects

Had the Oxford vaccine last night, didn’t expect any side effects other than a sore arm but looks like I have a temperature, 2 different readings for each ear though the other is 38

How high is too high?
Original post by Anonymous
Had the Oxford vaccine last night, didn’t expect any side effects other than a sore arm but looks like I have a temperature, 2 different readings for each ear though the other is 38

How high is too high?

Why did you have the vaccine?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Why did you have the vaccine?

I have contact with patients
Original post by Anonymous
I have contact with patients

Then use some sense and get proper medical advice rather than asking a bunch of random students and strangers on the internet.
Reply 4
More than likely a reaction to the vaccine, your body is trying to attack the sample that was injected into you and your body is heating up to try and kill it, completely normal reaction i should imagine to a virus that has flu like symptoms.

of course if this does go on for longer than a few days i probably would get that checked out.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Then use some sense and get proper medical advice rather than asking a bunch of random students and strangers on the internet.

Maybe I don’t have much sense.

Just on a day off and wanted to offload a bit to be honest.

People being ignorant is the risk I took.
The same happened to me, I had it this Saturday and all of Saturday night and Sunday I had a fever, was shivering and vomited once. I also had a headache and body aches. Pretty much unable to get out of bed unless absolutely necessary, it's Monday afternoon now and I've just managed to have a shower. I'm wondering if the second dose will affect me in the same way?
Original post by emilysbrains
The same happened to me, I had it this Saturday and all of Saturday night and Sunday I had a fever, was shivering and vomited once. I also had a headache and body aches. Pretty much unable to get out of bed unless absolutely necessary, it's Monday afternoon now and I've just managed to have a shower. I'm wondering if the second dose will affect me in the same way?

Sounds bad, you wouldn’t expect the second dose to be as bad as the first as the immune system is more primed. Did you take paracetamol?
I have had A Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine on Friday and I haven’t had any side effects at all. I have only had a sore arm for Friday evening.

They have given us a leaflet about all the side effects and details you need and also information about what to do if you have a bad side effects so I’d recommend you please read the leaflet and follow the instructions or call your doc if your symptoms gets worse.
Original post by Redfrost
Sounds bad, you wouldn’t expect the second dose to be as bad as the first as the immune system is more primed. Did you take paracetamol?

I didn't have any in - will be stocking up for my next dose!
Original post by Say My Name10
I have had A Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine on Friday and I haven’t had any side effects at all. I have only had a sore arm for Friday evening.

They have given us a leaflet about all the side effects and details you need and also information about what to do if you have a bad side effects so I’d recommend you please read the leaflet and follow the instructions or call your doc if your symptoms gets worse.

Thanks ! I rang 111 / 119 and they said the temperature is normal. Yet on my NHS leaflet it says that feeling feverish is normal but a high temp is uncommon and might indicate something else. This is what confused me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending