The Student Room Group

Making it up to a friend

Okay so, I’ve messed up. Basically over Christmas I’ve been hooking up my friends brother. I told my friend that I liked her brother and she said she was uncomfortable with it, so I decided to end things with the guy. He kicked off saying I used him and started sending voice messages of him calling me names. Also in revenge he told my friend everything that had happened. I know I’m in the wrong and I understand how much I’ve messed up but I don’t know how to make it up to my friend. I’ve never done anything like this and I currently feel a lot of shame because I don’t like letting myself down. I have sent a number of messages apologising but she hasn’t replied yet, but I don’t want to force her. Help me!!
Original post by 1910ellie
Okay so, I’ve messed up. Basically over Christmas I’ve been hooking up my friends brother. I told my friend that I liked her brother and she said she was uncomfortable with it, so I decided to end things with the guy. He kicked off saying I used him and started sending voice messages of him calling me names. Also in revenge he told my friend everything that had happened. I know I’m in the wrong and I understand how much I’ve messed up but I don’t know how to make it up to my friend. I’ve never done anything like this and I currently feel a lot of shame because I don’t like letting myself down. I have sent a number of messages apologising but she hasn’t reer fplied yet, but I don’t want to force her. Help me!!

just give her someone tell her face to face not over texting
tell her that her friend ship means the world to you
just give her some time ok
Reply 2
First of all let me start by saying we all make mistakes, sometimes really really bad ones, but remember you are only human. Your friend will definitely need time to think about everything that's happened. You've made it clear to her that you are sorry and that's a great start at mending things. Unfortunately there isn't much more you can do in this situation. It may take time, but I'm sure you and your friend will figure things out. Try and stay positive and I know that what I just said is really trash advice, but it's true. The storm will settle eventually. You will get through this I'm sure of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending