The Student Room Group

why do people call you a simp if you're just being nice to a girl?

Literally that is the case nowadays, I can't compliment a girl on anything, like even their nails, without being called a simp.

Scroll to see replies

TikTok culture?
Original post by Anonymous
Literally that is the case nowadays, I can't compliment a girl on anything, like even their nails, without being called a simp.

becouse that is the defonition of a simp
Reply 3
becouse that is the defonition of a simp

No it is not, merely saying a kind thing to a girl doesn't mean you're a simp.
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
TikTok culture?

I don't use TikTok so I have no clue tbh.
I’ve noticed only virgins call people simps. There has gotta be some kinda correlation there somewhere
Original post by RazzzBerries
TikTok culture?

Isn't it initially from Twitch? :hmmmm:
Reply 7
Original post by Otherdjrj
I’ve noticed only virgins call people simps. There has gotta be some kinda correlation there somewhere

I don't even know these people, they just think it's funny to go ''ha ha simp!"?
Toxicity.
Original post by Otherdjrj

most people who are virgins are single so they simp to either try to get a bf or a gf
Original post by Afrrcyn
Isn't it initially from Twitch? :hmmmm:

Very likely
Original post by I want a gf girl
most people who are virgins are single so they simp to either try to get a bf or a gf

There's a word for it: desperate.
I think in most cases either the guy is after the girl or trying to earn some points so he is thought of well in the wider girly community, i.e so he has a better chance of scoring with someone in her friend or acquaintance network. If you know the girl well though as a long term friend then I think it could be meant genuinely in just a conversational sort of way.
Very likely

Yeahhh, It's a stoopid thing, I tend to stay away from most Social Media platforms :yes:

yeah and another one a simp
Original post by I want a gf girl
yeah and another one a simp

Merely complimenting a girl, especially when they live on the other side of the planet, is not being desperate.
It's not really a complaint though, it's just nonsensical and I don't get it :confused:.

Indeed, I would be careful of complimenting these days. It could be seen as needy and lower the value of the guy doing it. Kind of needs to be deployed right or like you say can be seen as desperate in the worst possible way.
Merely complimenting a girl, especially when they live on the other side of the planet, is not being desperate.

ok i know that
but why do u need to compliment them? particular there nails?? u shudnt be caring about her nails

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending