The Student Room Group

psychology student finance 5 years

Hi,
I have a question about SFE.
I studied in my home country for 2 year BA but I quit and didn't finish. Then I started a psychology 2-year hnd course. (I believed I could only qualify for 2 years). Now I know, I would like to continue and do my final 3rd year as well.

I am wondering would it be possible to still apply for a final year student loan?? the cost at the Open University is over 6000f. I am on low income and it's not possible for me to apply for a private student loan and repay f500 monthly.

I currently live in Scotland, so I am wondering would it be possible to apply for Scottish student finance maybe?

I've read somewhere, courses like psychology can get funding for a whole 3-year course.
Original post by elana12
Hi,
I have a question about SFE.
I studied in my home country for 2 year BA but I quit and didn't finish. Then I started a psychology 2-year hnd course. (I believed I could only qualify for 2 years). Now I know, I would like to continue and do my final 3rd year as well.

I am wondering would it be possible to still apply for a final year student loan?? the cost at the Open University is over 6000f. I am on low income and it's not possible for me to apply for a private student loan and repay f500 monthly.

I currently live in Scotland, so I am wondering would it be possible to apply for Scottish student finance maybe?

I've read somewhere, courses like psychology can get funding for a whole 3-year course.

Hi Elana, did you receive funding from SFE or SAAS?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Elana, did you receive funding from SFE or SAAS?
Thanks, Isaac

hit, I have from SFE as I started in England and meanwhile moved to Scotland, they told me its fine, as its residency rule the moment when I started.
Original post by elana12
hit, I have from SFE as I started in England and meanwhile moved to Scotland, they told me its fine, as its residency rule the moment when I started.

Was all of your previous study full time or part time? Did you receive any higher education qualification?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Was all of your previous study full time or part time? Did you receive any higher education qualification?
Thanks, Isaac

hi,
Since I left high school, I haven't had a diploma
I studied for 2 years only and I quit, didn't receive any qualification; it was full-time
Original post by elana12
hi,
Since I left high school, I haven't had a diploma
I studied for 2 years only and I quit, didn't receive any qualification; it was full-time

Previous full time study does not affect your eligibility to receive part time funding, so you will be funded for your Open University course for up to 16 years.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending