The Student Room Group

Studying abroad at uni

So I’ve applied to university and got a conditional offer. I’ve been looking at opportunities and stuff like that. I found that there is an opportunity to study abroad in my second year for either a semester or a year. I really like the sound of studying abroad as I feel like it will be a great opportunity. I was wondering if anyone has ever studied abroad, how they found it and if it was it worth it?
Hi there,

I thought I'd reach out to you, as although I have not studied abroad myself - my friend has! She definitely recommends it to anyone!

She loved learning about the different cultures and experiences that the programme has to offer. She thought it was really eye opening, and she knew she would never have the opportunity to do something similar in the future. She did find it quite tough for the first week or so, as everything was so new, but she soon got into the swing of things and made incredibly memories with new people. She's still even friends with some of them today!

Hopefully that's given you some light into studying abroad. If you can, reach out to your University and see if you're able to chat with anyone who has done it before. That'll be really beneficial. I'm not sure if this is available in all Universities - but if you go to Liverpool then this is something we try to do :smile:

Have a nice day!

Ana :h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

I thought I'd reach out to you, as although I have not studied abroad myself - my friend has! She definitely recommends it to anyone!

She loved learning about the different cultures and experiences that the programme has to offer. She thought it was really eye opening, and she knew she would never have the opportunity to do something similar in the future. She did find it quite tough for the first week or so, as everything was so new, but she soon got into the swing of things and made incredibly memories with new people. She's still even friends with some of them today!

Hopefully that's given you some light into studying abroad. If you can, reach out to your University and see if you're able to chat with anyone who has done it before. That'll be really beneficial. I'm not sure if this is available in all Universities - but if you go to Liverpool then this is something we try to do :smile:

Have a nice day!

Ana :h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Hi thank you so much. I have an applicant day soon so I will try and find out more information then if not I will give them an email. Thank you. :smile: my firm choice uni is in Liverpool but it is not uni of, it is Liverpool Hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending