The Student Room Group

Changing course start date

Hi,

I filled in the doctoral loan form early this week after sending my application to the University, they gave a provisional start date as April 1st this year, which I put as a start date on the loan application.

The Uni just informed me that there would a be a slight delay, so possibly looking at May 1st.

Would the start date be automatically changed when the University inform Student finance when I actually start the course, then first payment is made?
Or, should I change the loan application to May 1st now by sending in a change of circumstances form?

Thanks,

SB.
Original post by Studentbot64
Hi,

I filled in the doctoral loan form early this week after sending my application to the University, they gave a provisional start date as April 1st this year, which I put as a start date on the loan application.

The Uni just informed me that there would a be a slight delay, so possibly looking at May 1st.

Would the start date be automatically changed when the University inform Student finance when I actually start the course, then first payment is made?
Or, should I change the loan application to May 1st now by sending in a change of circumstances form?

Thanks,

SB.

Hi there, the academic year starts on the 01/04/2021 for all courses starting between April-June. So you shouldn't have to change your course unless the actual course name has changed, if it has then the university should update us.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, the academic year starts on the 01/04/2021 for all courses starting between April-June. So you shouldn't have to change your course unless the actual course name has changed, if it has then the university should update us.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, thanks.
I managed to get in touch with Student finance on the phone late yesterday.
They said that I'd have to use the change of details form if my dates will change?

It does look like I'll (possibly( start 1st May instead of 1st April, and the course name will stay the same, so I'll do as you say and leave it, then sort it with the University when the official start date is given,

Thanks again,

Take care,
SB
Original post by Studentbot64
Hi, thanks.
I managed to get in touch with Student finance on the phone late yesterday.
They said that I'd have to use the change of details form if my dates will change?

It does look like I'll (possibly( start 1st May instead of 1st April, and the course name will stay the same, so I'll do as you say and leave it, then sort it with the University when the official start date is given,

Thanks again,

Take care,
SB

A change of circumstances form would be required if your actual course has changed.
It doesn't sound like it has.
If you selected the April course then it could be ok, but you should ask your university.

For example if your university have a May start course then yes you would need to update your application to the correct course, but if they are not changing your course then it's possible to remain on the April course and start in May as the academic year is the 01/04 regardless if you start in April, May or June.
I advise you to speak to your university as only they can provide the correct answer.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending