The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

accommodation ???

um i didnt know we had to arrange accommodation this soon can anyone tell me which ones at notts are best for social life n nightlife please x also this might sound dumb but if my course is at university park should i mainly look at campus’ near there? :smile:
Original post by ellaflora
um i didnt know we had to arrange accommodation this soon can anyone tell me which ones at notts are best for social life n nightlife please x also this might sound dumb but if my course is at university park should i mainly look at campus’ near there? :smile:

Hey! I'm looking at Accom again rn, honestly, the biggest hall is Cripps but apparently, they're all really social because they have like over 100 rooms, so that's like over 100 people. All on-campus accommodation is catered, and there are some really good YouTube videos by the uni giving a tour of most accommodations, just search it up! I like Nightingale and Cripps, but they all have restaurants and you can visit if you do get nosey like me lol :smile:. Broadgate is just off campus and is self-catered, but don't go for anything in jubilee or Sutton Bonnington because they are different campuses. Also, Ella may Houghton and another girl called Georgia something (I forgot I feel bad!!) do some great videos- Ella was in self-catered, and Georgia in catered. I hope I helped!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
If your course is on University Park, go for accommodation on campus (catered) or Broadgate (self-catered).

The social life doesn't really vary - as said, all of the catered halls have quite a lot of people. How sociable those people are will vary year-to-year. Lincoln Hall is supposed to be "quiet living" now, so probably not that one if you want nightlife. Broadgate park is a lot bigger, to the extent that you'll probably only interact with people in your flat or block anyway.

Most of the nightlife is in the city center anyway. Some of the halls have bars, but they tend to be pretty quiet compared to the student union bar or anywhere in the city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending