The Student Room Group

Changing details on SFE

Hi, I'm currently a second year student moving onto the third and final year of my course which will be a study abroad exchange in Hong Kong. I applied for student finance in April and entered these course details but for some reason it has been assumed that I will be including a placement year and so my tuition fee loan has been reduced down to £1350, which is the standard for a placement year. However, I have confirmed with my university that I will be charged the full £9250 due to the fact that this counts as the third year of my three year course. I have attempted to update these details through the change application portal online but have seen that it is a six week wait for changes to be processed which is cutting it very close to when I leave for my study abroad placement. I was just wondering if there is any clarification on waiting times that could be given or a way of expediting this process. Thank you!
Original post by _sread
Hi, I'm currently a second year student moving onto the third and final year of my course which will be a study abroad exchange in Hong Kong. I applied for student finance in April and entered these course details but for some reason it has been assumed that I will be including a placement year and so my tuition fee loan has been reduced down to £1350, which is the standard for a placement year. However, I have confirmed with my university that I will be charged the full £9250 due to the fact that this counts as the third year of my three year course. I have attempted to update these details through the change application portal online but have seen that it is a six week wait for changes to be processed which is cutting it very close to when I leave for my study abroad placement. I was just wondering if there is any clarification on waiting times that could be given or a way of expediting this process. Thank you!

Hi there,

At the moment we're processing changes in 16 working days, so it won't take long to get a response. The website says 6 weeks, but this is only the maximum possible time.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending