The Student Room Group

**URGENT** help with ECs

I have already submitted extenuating circumstances for the first assessment in a module due to my MH. Would this increase the chances of me being granted an extension for the second assessment? or will this hinder me in the long run.

I cannot retake a year as I already used my retake in my foundation year. Been struggling so bad with my MH the last few years and im failing uni because of it. Don't know what to do anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
I have already submitted extenuating circumstances for the first assessment in a module due to my MH. Would this increase the chances of me being granted an extension for the second assessment? or will this hinder me in the long run.

I cannot retake a year as I already used my retake in my foundation year. Been struggling so bad with my MH the last few years and im failing uni because of it. Don't know what to do anymore.

Hi there,

There is nothing wrong with taking extenuating circumstances; they are there to help you, not hinder you! I would advise getting in touch with your University's student support team, as it seems like you need to have a conversation with them about your situation. There is nothing wrong with asking for help and it's always good to seek help if you feel you are struggling, especially when you feel that it is affecting your work - this is exactly what EC's are there for.

Lauren :smile:
Third Year Animation Student and Student Ambassador
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there!

I agree with @Plymouth College Of Art that there is nothing wrong with applying for extenuating circumstances. As said, they are there to help you, so if you do need it then there is no harm in submitting one again. As suggesting by the above comment as well, I would try to talk to your university team and let them know about the situation as they will be there to help you through whatever you're going through and give you continuous support. Do you have a personal tutor? If you do, this may be a good person to contact. Does your university maybe have a well-being team? If you didn't want to talk to a personal tutor or your department, maybe the university well-being team can be there to support and advise you :smile:

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending