The Student Room Group

How do I get over him?

This is embarrassing to admit hence the anonymous post, a few months ago I joined TSR to help with Uni applications etc, what I didn't realise one boring old night was that I would really hit it off with an unexpected stranger, I was very apprehensive; you know talking to people online, its risky business. Anyway we got on very well and honestly he has made me the happiest I could be which has been lovely. I've had a very busy year, I worked throughput the pandemic, and I'm juggling A-levels, amongst Uni applications and driving lessons, since I've been talking to him I have to admit I've neglected my work, not my job, but the things I have to do, because I'm so infatuated by him. Every waking hour, or even minute I think of him, and the thing is I cannot focus on anything anymore, I really need to put my head down but I just can't. We talk quite a lot, or at least we did, over time that has fluctuated, sometimes more than others, however over the last week he has been very quiet when I asked why, he said he needs some time to himself. I really need to get over him but I don't know how, I have plenty of distractions but none than I can adhere to anymore and I do really need to focus. Any advice? I honestly never wanted to be the girl to lose her head over a boy, but alas here I am...
Reply 1
Sorry I didn't realise I rambled so much
Hey girl.

Listen, firstly It is not easy and you should most deffo not feel ashamed for this. I have a hard times like this too..

I suggest:

stop checking their media if you do.
think about the positives coming off from this situation
absorb these feelings and put them into a hobby
dont spend too much time thinking, it leads to new branches, to new branches etc
remember there are so many people out there
if it's meant to be it will <3

Spoiler

Reply 3
Thanks, but that's not the only problem, I don't think he wants to carry on anymore, so how do I mentally deal with that?
Reply 4
Original post by littlebirdyxo
Hey girl.

Listen, firstly It is not easy and you should most deffo not feel ashamed for this. I have a hard times like this too..

I suggest:

stop checking their media if you do.
think about the positives coming off from this situation
absorb these feelings and put them into a hobby
dont spend too much time thinking, it leads to new branches, to new branches etc
remember there are so many people out there
if it's meant to be it will <3

Spoiler

Thank you for the advice.
I'm really trying I mean I'm quite an avid reader but since I've been talking to him I've been stuck on the same book... I'm just so obsessed
Reply 5
What does that mean? why shouldn't I be concerned? he's not really talking to me anymore.
Honestly that's why I'm considering forgetting about him completely.
Reply 6
Thank you, I think that seems very likely.

I guess I never really thought of it from that perspective. In hindsight some time apart might do me good too, I just feel alone and awful when I’m not talking to him.

Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending