The Student Room Group

Why is my student finance maintenance loan so low?

Just got a letter in the post saying I’ve been approved for the basic maintenance loan. I applied for the extra student loan and my family income is only £15000 a year and according to the student finance calculator I should be eligible for £9000+. Why have I only been offered the basic sum of £4000?
Did you allow Student Finance to income assess you?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Did you allow Student Finance to income assess you?

I’m not sure, how do I let them do that? I input the household income on my application
Original post by sadbabypanda
I’m not sure, how do I let them do that? I input the household income on my application

There’s a section which asks if your parents are happy to disclose their income and then a section for them to fill in their details. If they haven’t done that, then you won’t have been income assessed.

If you did fill those details in, ring up Student Finance and clarify the situation.
They dont automatically know your family income you have to send off evidence of it by which they mean getting your parents to fill in their sections of the form.
If you dont provide that you will only be awarded the basic minimum everyone gets
Original post by Mesopotamian.
There’s a section which asks if your parents are happy to disclose their income and then a section for them to fill in their details. If they haven’t done that, then you won’t have been income assessed.

If you did fill those details in, ring up Student Finance and clarify the situation.

I did put in annual income etc. I am filling out the forms now to send off. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending