The Student Room Group

Why are some boys like this?

Honestly why can't they keep their opinions to themselves?

Long story short: I had to walk fast to get to my class and I just so happened to be walking past the boys. I had my jacket on so it wasn't anything like that but one of them decided to call me the name of some other girl who was sri Lankan (I'm not sri-lankan I'm Bengali but darker skinned) and I think it's because she looks like me, people have mistaken us before(but in a bad way if ykmiw). Then him and his friend proceeded to joke around and act like they were saying Tamil, but were actually saying gibberish and laughing (which is a tad bit racist imo)

I was hurt and just ignored their comments because I'm not super confident or 'popular' so it's not like they'll listen to me anyways but they also said something like 'look at her little legs going so fast' and being insulting in general. Mind you, there are a few respectful boys in my year, the rest are pretty indifferent, but this was a whole other level of disrespect.

This is the reason why I choose to only have friends who are girls, aside from the two or three respectful boys. But whilst their jokes lasted a minute or so, I felt insecure about myself for the rest of the day, which I know I shouldn't.

Being a dark skinned Asian is hard, always, but comparing me to another race mad me feel bad, right after I got over my insecurity too.

BTW: If you are a teen boy reading this, do half the population a favour and keep some opinions to yourself, or at least don't say them in front of the person you are talking about.

Not even asking the bare minimum, just telling you to say racist/plain rude things out of earshot.
Original post by Anonymous

Long story short: I had to walk fast to get to my class and I just so happened to be walking past the boys. I had my jacket on so it wasn't anything like that but one of them decided to call me the name of some other girl who was sri Lankan (I'm not sri-lankan I'm Bengali but darker skinned) and I think it's because she looks like me, people have mistaken us before(but in a bad way if ykmiw). Then him and his friend proceeded to joke around and act like they were saying Tamil, but were actually saying gibberish and laughing (which is a tad bit racist imo)

I was hurt and just ignored their comments because I'm not super confident or 'popular' so it's not like they'll listen to me anyways but they also said something like 'look at her little legs going so fast' and being insulting in general. Mind you, there are a few respectful boys in my year, the rest are pretty indifferent, but this was a whole other level of disrespect.

This is the reason why I choose to only have friends who are girls, aside from the two or three respectful boys. But whilst their jokes lasted a minute or so, I felt insecure about myself for the rest of the day, which I know I shouldn't.

Being a dark skinned Asian is hard, always, but comparing me to another race mad me feel bad, right after I got over my insecurity too.

BTW: If you are a teen boy reading this, do half the population a favour and keep some opinions to yourself, or at least don't say them in front of the person you are talking about.

Not even asking the bare minimum, just telling you to say racist/plain rude things out of earshot.

I cba to read the whole thing but to answer you're question it has nothing with them being boys they are just bad humans end of
Like the other guy said, it has nothing to do with being a guy. The guys being racist towards you are just outright d*cks. It has nothing to do with their gender. Women can be just as racist.
Reply 3
Like the other guy said, it has nothing to do with being a guy. The guys being racist towards you are just outright d*cks. It has nothing to do with their gender. Women can be just as racist.

I agree 100%.
However it is clear that most catcallers are men(they don't deserve to be called men, it's insulting to men who act like real men, they are immature boys imo), and most of the time they are saying it to women.
I was just thinking about how it's very rare that a woman catcalls a man and even if she does, men are less likely to feel bad about it because a woman can't really hurt a man in the same way(if they are both of average strength of course)
I agree 100%.
However it is clear that most catcallers are men(they don't deserve to be called men, it's insulting to men who act like real men, they are immature boys imo), and most of the time they are saying it to women.
I was just thinking about how it's very rare that a woman catcalls a man and even if she does, men are less likely to feel bad about it because a woman can't really hurt a man in the same way(if they are both of average strength of course)

So why are you pointing out gender if you agree that it has nothing to do with being male?
Yo I don't know why some boys are like this, it's probably because they haven't converted to the Alpha lifestyle yet. One time me and my homies were discussing this very issue an we came to the conclusion that it's wrong to make assumptions or to make people feel small, even worse than cooking chicken. It's all about building those around you up and spreading positivity, getting back to basics that's the true alpha way. Anyway I'm off to start a new startup company that delivers chicken thrown at 5g towers dangled on the end of fishing rods so I can make some tiktoks about how I achieved financial independence and made bank so I could retire at the age of 12. #boss #businessgoals #financialindependence
men are less likely to feel bad about it because a woman can't really hurt a man in the same way(if they are both of average strength of course)

Do you realise how insanely sexist this assumption is? Nobody likes being catcalled. And of course a woman can hurt a man. Worst part is a man can't defend himsef.
Obnoxious and immature little jerks.
Nurseries, schools and some colleges are full of them.
if these are boys then it is to be expected. not trying to justify their actions but boys mature slower than girls. most boys are childish and have little respect for ladies. They are either bored or want to show off. You are way ahead of them and it is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling. Try not to overthink these kinds of things. Focus on your priorities. A real man will not make those kind of comments and they will treat you with respect. They would never say those things to another guy otherwise they'd get a knock in the face.
It just seems like they are pathetic little boys, imo both Bengali and Tamil girls are absolutely beautiful so don't listen to them. I agree that dark skinned asian girls have it hard, its a troubling issue in the SA community.
I agree 100%.

Yeah I don’t like more than 70 percent of guys
Reply 11
Tbh I wouldn’t say it’s fair to say that the fact that they’re boys make them like that because I think all the guys in my sixth form are way better than that and ik for a fact my own boys aren’t on that behaviour. It’s pretty *****y tbh and I’m sorry you had to experience that. If you wanna talk feel free to drop a pm
(edited 2 years ago)
if these are boys then it is to be expected. not trying to justify their actions but boys mature slower than girls. most boys are childish and have little respect for ladies. They are either bored or want to show off. You are way ahead of them and it is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling. Try not to overthink these kinds of things. Focus on your priorities. A real man will not make those kind of comments and they will treat you with respect. They would never say those things to another guy otherwise they'd get a knock in the face.

But how come many other boys in my year can do it, and boys that are a year or two younger, If anything, those boys are the ones that are really going through the thick of it, not the ones in my yr. It's just frustrating.

bit irrelevant but I'm sri lankan
Being a dark skin asian myself, dark skins have it harder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending