The Student Room Group

How would you feel about you're 18 year old son dating a 24 year old woman? Would you

How would you feel about you're 18 year old son dating a 24 year old woman? Would you support it? Would you need to meet her first and then make judgements?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Exceeds 1/2 age + 7 rule, but only just. His Mother will give you evils mind, she didn’t expect to have to save her son from predatory women
I’d wonder what a 24yr old woman saw in an 18yr old lad, in many cases still in school.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How would you feel about you're 18 year old son dating a 24 year old woman? Would you support it? Would you need to meet her first and then make judgements?

I would think it was a little strange as women typically don't tend to go for guys that much younger than themselves at that age ......but the relationship wouldn't bother me.
None of my business.
That said I would hope that he would have enough sense to steer clear of a married woman, divorcee or parent.
I would not allow this since by the time he is established in his career, she will likely have trouble conceiving.
Reply 6
Original post by White Wizard
I would not allow this since by the time he is established in his career, she will likely have trouble conceiving.

I don't think you could "not allow" this. And even if you did I'm pretty sure you're son would hate you.
I don't think you could "not allow" this. And even if you did I'm pretty sure you're son would hate you.

So why ask TSR then, if you are so confident?
Reply 8
Original post by White Wizard

Good luck trying to dictate to a grown male who he can date...
Honestly no, only because they are both adults
I would be slightly skeptical (mainly if she had a child or was much further ahead in life than him) and have to meet her. Only concern would be him being taken advantage of.

It's great!
When I was his age I always preferred older women and even much older than 24. Great times and great experiences!!!
(edited 2 years ago)

Jesse is that you??...
Original post by Lucifer323
It's great!
When I was his age I always preferred older women and even much older than 24. Great times and great experiences!!!

How older did you date when you were 18?
I'd be so proud of him, I'd really have outdone myself there in creating and raising that kid...
She would probably laugh and call her son an absolute amateur. I've dated women in their 40s and 50s in my 20s
Original post by londonmyst
None of my business.
That said I would hope that he would have enough sense to steer clear of a married woman, divorcee or parent.

What is wrong with a divorcee or a parent?
Original post by Anonbro1
What is wrong with a divorcee or a parent?

Dating a woman or man with kids could be hard.
She would probably laugh and call her son an absolute amateur. I've dated women in their 40s and 50s in my 20s

How did those relationships go?
Depends on their circumstances.

It could be that he’s an undergrad and she’s a masters student at the same uni? Sounds fine..

Or It could be that he’s still in sixth form and she’s working with a kid from a previous relationship? Nah…

Life circumstances are more important than just the number
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending