The Student Room Group

My first crush- how do I get over him

I liked well still like this guy who regards me as nothing. We used to be friends but then another girl came and I realized my love. I wrote him a book to help me move on because the two looked adorable together and he showed it around like a trothy which hurt my feelings, he's still with the girl and he's not my friend anymore. I thought I was over him but when he complimented my poem for a school competition it gave me these pathetic butterflies, even if he mocks at me with his friends. How do I get over this because it's effecting my every day life and I can't stop thinking about him.
Try to tell yourself all the things that you dislike about him at least once a day, maybe before bed? And then try to constantly think that there will be someone else who can and will treat you better!

Also consider picking up new hobbies like drawing or hanging out with friends more often and maybe discussing it with somebody.

Or alternatively, you could find a new crush :smile:

Just personal advice that worked in my case
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Try to tell yourself all the things that you dislike about him at least once a day, maybe before bed? And then try to constantly think that there will be someone else who can and will treat you better!

Also consider picking up new hobbies like drawing or hanging out with friends more often and maybe discussing it with somebody.

Or alternatively, you could find a new crush :smile:

Just personal advice that worked in my case

Thank you ever so much for the advice it seems really helpful, I'll definitely try a new hobby like drawing, but will there ever be someone who treats someone like me better sorry if that sound pessimistic also I don't really think I have the capacity to have another crush. Reading this through I sound so pathetic to your helpful advice but it is my feeling so here we reply
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you ever so much for the advice it seems really helpful, I'll definitely try a new hobby like drawing, but will there ever be someone who treats someone like me better sorry if that sound pessimistic also I don't really think I have the capacity to have another crush. Reading this through I sound so pathetic to your helpful advice but it is my feeling so here we reply

No, you don't sound pathetic at all. I was much worse after one of my first crushes. Even though I was rejected, I was still constantly thinking about them and getting really upset when he got close another girl even though it wasn't my place to. Although in my case, I am now friends with my first crush and he is happily going out with one of my friends.

Taking a hobby like drawing is great as it requires attention and effort! And yes, even though I don't really know you, you sound like a great person and will definitely find someone who will treat you better! :smile: The best of luck on moving on. It can be hard but it will be worthwhile in the long run!
So you are aware that he regards you as nothing. He got a girlfriend and ditched you; this is quite common, I’m afraid. People always switch up and get blinded by love once another person is introduced, this is why people normally end up with no friends after the break up.
You are just jealous that he has got a girlfriend, you missed your chance and there’s nothing that you can do. Given the fact that he mocks you; I think moving on will be your best bet. Probably use this as an experience and appreciate that if your feelings for someone are there, or if you think it’s there, always remind yourself that this person on the receiving end might not feel the same way about you. It’s best to show your affection towards the person early on and see how they react to it; if they completely ignore it then you clearly know that they don’t like you. This should give you closure.
You are now in a position where you didn’t quite express your feelings while you had the chance - which is ok, just learn from it. You probably need to find another person to talk to.. before you do, make sure you completely forget about this guy though as you constantly thinking about him will affect your new relationship. So in the meantime - focus on your emotional wellbeing, find a passion & focus on your future. The right person will come when you’re ready, there’s more to life than love.
So apparently if your crush lasts longer then 4 months youve fallen in love.

So if you have I guess keep your self busy, go out with friends etc.

Anyway crushes come and go. Maybe in the future if you can’t get someone off your mind make the first move. It can go one of two ways, but if they say they like u back then great, if not then at least u tried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending