The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with me, why can't I move on?

We were never gf and bf, but I really did like him and I'm sure I had deep feelings for him for the 7 years we knew eachother.

One day he just disappears without a word. No explanation whatsoever.

Then 4 years later and he sends me this long apology letter telling me he still loves me. He also explained why he did it and that he's so sorry he put me through it and hurt me so much.

When I got it, I was livid. I didn't even bother reading it at first... but after a few days I did... and I don't know, I genuinely feel the same way I did about him. Just really, really angry, and sad at the same time.

What is wrong with me???
It's normal to dwell on the past, nothing wrong with you. Best not to, look forward to the future and use those experiences to your advantage.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
We were never gf and bf, but I really did like him and I'm sure I had deep feelings for him for the 7 years we knew eachother.

One day he just disappears without a word. No explanation whatsoever.

Then 4 years later and he sends me this long apology letter telling me he still loves me. He also explained why he did it and that he's so sorry he put me through it and hurt me so much.

When I got it, I was livid. I didn't even bother reading it at first... but after a few days I did... and I don't know, I genuinely feel the same way I did about him. Just really, really angry, and sad at the same time.

What is wrong with me???

He sounds toxic.

I assume he was your first true love, if so, the feeling of still loving him won't ever actually go away so its normal to still like him. However, listen to your anger, he sounds like someone who got bored and just wants you back. If he truly liked you, he would not have disappeared like that esp with no explanation, for 4 years, that is cruel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending