The Student Room Group

Ucas And result day - do universities decide the place?

Do the universities look at your results and let ucas know on Tuesday if they are accepting you? For example if I miss the grade I have for my conditional by one grade can the university still accept me and offer me a place on ucas on Tuesday if they have places on the course? Or does the university only offer you a place on ucas if it’s exactly the conditional offer? Do they have control over the decision making or is it a ucas system that looks at your grades and decides you either meet the conditional or not? Thanks
Pretty sure it's the universities decision since they manually put it in for each candidate
But it is more likely that a university will decline if you don't meet the offer
Original post by Cal29
Do the universities look at your results and let ucas know on Tuesday if they are accepting you? For example if I miss the grade I have for my conditional by one grade can the university still accept me and offer me a place on ucas on Tuesday if they have places on the course? Or does the university only offer you a place on ucas if it’s exactly the conditional offer? Do they have control over the decision making or is it a ucas system that looks at your grades and decides you either meet the conditional or not? Thanks

Yes. Every applicant is considered by universities and your firm can accept you with lower grades at their discretion.
Original post by Cal29

Universities can and indeed do accept students who have not quite met their offer. They will have had your results by know and on results morning you will have been considered by your firm university or been rejected. If rejected your insurance university look look at you. If the university cannot accept you you will then placed in clearing. This will already have taken place when you look at track on results day and it will either shown you have been accepted by your firm, insurance or are in clearing. A very small number might still be waiting a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending