The Student Room Group

Business Level 3

Hi,
I am starting Business Level 3 National Extended Diploma in September, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice and also could anyone clarify, what does P M and D mean in the assignments? Do you do all 3 or choose ?
Reply 1
Pass
Merit
Distinction
You attempt/complete all the parts of the assignment as you aim for the highest score, which is the distinction.
Original post by Minty001
Pass
Merit
Distinction
You attempt/complete all the parts of the assignment as you aim for the highest score, which is the distinction.

Thanks so much for replying, have you done this course? Is the distinction part difficult?
Original post by gstudent12345
Thanks so much for replying, have you done this course? Is the distinction part difficult

Hi @gstudent12345,

Yes, the distinction part of the work is more difficult than the Pass part of an assignment because it requires more information and an in-depth understanding of what you may be asked to discuss.

Here is an example:
Unit 1: Exploring Business
Learning Objective: explore the features of different businesses and analyse what makes them successful

Pass Questions
P1 Explain the features of two contrasting businesses.

P2 Explain how two contrasting businesses are influenced by stakeholders.

Merit Question
M1 Assess the relationship and communication with stakeholders of two contrasting businesses using independent research.

Distinction Question
D1 Evaluate the reasons for the success of two contrasting businesses, reflecting on evidence gathered.

*All these questions have been taken from the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Business Specification (2016).

By looking at these questions I hope you get a rough idea of what to expect for the type of questions you may have to answer in course work.

I hope this helps.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gstudent12345
Hi,
I am starting Business Level 3 National Extended Diploma in September, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice and also could anyone clarify, what does P M and D mean in the assignments? Do you do all 3 or choose ?

For all the BTEC Business Level 3 students who are looking to start, you can go on a website called Stuvia and search BTEC Business Level 3 and whatever topic and assignment and it will show you Distinction templates for you to use to build up your assignment by following it's structure. Just make sure you don't copy it and learn from it as you go hope it helps :smile:

PS: You can always message me here if you can't find what topic and assignment you are looking for.
Original post by Shadow2020
For all the BTEC Business Level 3 students who are looking to start, you can go on a website called Stuvia and search BTEC Business Level 3 and whatever topic and assignment and it will show you Distinction templates for you to use to build up your assignment by following it's structure. Just make sure you don't copy it and learn from it as you go hope it helps :smile:

PS: You can always message me here if you can't find what topic and assignment you are looking for.

Thank you so much for that, I will 100% use that website! That is so helpful thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending