The Student Room Group

how to know if flirting?

hi, how do i know if my guy friend is flirting with me? i’m really bad at seeing / reading signs. i’m unsure if it’s banter or he is flirting. What are some signs of flirting?
It's going to be different depending on things. What you want to do is give some context to this:

1) What's the relationship like? Be honest. If it's somebody you're hanging out with at the pub, the answer is going to be very different than if you tell us he's your Priest at confessional.

2) Do you want him to be flirting? Again, be honest. We can help a lot more if we know you want to have a relationship than if you don't.
Obviously these aren’t 100% but the general clues are when you will notice that he’s staring at you/ giving you subtle glances, when he tries to be around you and gets touchy, when he teases you, when he gives you compliments (maybe more than once)

However, you need to ask yourself whether or not the relationship would be feasible. It’s so different being friends with someone and then going into a relationship with them, the intimacy might not be there, and sometimes things are better left the way it is. Otherwise you could potentially damage a good friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending