The Student Room Group

Best friend communication

I have a very close best friend whom i see everyday and also text everyday, usually just text good morning, wishing this friend a great start to the day and good night.
I am very very sensitive and emotional person, and I am very caring and so i express that this way.
However, i have been thinking recently, whether if this (especially the good night texts) are/would be annoying to my friend and this friend isn’t telling me (thinking to themselves to try and not to not make me feel upset or not cause me sadness due to my sensitivity).
I have kept this going because I am very lonely and alone and it makes me feel a bit better knowing i am socially in touch with someone else but I don’t want to do something that is making my friend upset/annoyed/bothered.
What is the best way forward with this, should I just stop texting? Wouldn’t that cause upset and sadness for my friend just as it does to me? (thinking this is an outcome for something that could be their fault but its not)
What do you guys think, any help would be so much appreciated.
I don't think there's any reason to believe your texts are annoying her. I'd like to have a friend like that and it wouldn't bother me. I think you have to trust her to let you know if it is, and until she does that, you can stop worrying about it.
She has the responsibility to tell you if she feels this way - otherwise I would not assume. You could possibly ask this in a casual way though in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending