The Student Room Group

Argument with best friend

So my (ex) best friend and I recently had a bad argument and can’t spoken to each other since. I don’t want to end the friendship bc we’ve been best friends for over 4 years and feels weird not talking to her. Some hurtful things were said during the argument from both of us but I want to patch things up and see if we can go back to before the argument. Is it worth saving?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So my (ex) best friend and I recently had a bad argument and can’t spoken to each other since. I don’t want to end the friendship bc we’ve been best friends for over 4 years and feels weird not talking to her. Some hurtful things were said during the argument from both of us but I want to patch things up and see if we can go back to before the argument. Is it worth saving?

Hi,

From the sounds of it, it seems like you care a lot about her and she means a lot to you. I think it's common for most friendships to have a period of fallout, but that doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be salvaged. Your friend may feel the same way, and want things to be normal with you once again.

If you feel that enough time has passed for the both of you to cooldown, then I encourage you to approach her and have that conversation. Communicating with each other will go a long way, and will help clear any misunderstandings. If she expresses her feelings, try to understand what she's saying from her perspective rather than denying how she feels. Show to her that her feelings are valid, and hopefully she will reciprocate the same compassion towards you.

I hope it works out for you, all the best :smile:
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending