The Student Room Group

Today I had Driving Test at Wednesday failed only for one fault

Hi guys just wonder if this is right!
I had the test on 8:11am he came out at 8:14 and till we start around 8:20 and I came back to the test Center literally 8:29 because I called my driving Instructer he went to for walk even he was surprised
Anyone been Wednesday or from round Birmingham they know there is many roundabout abouts in Wednesday driving center!
I have lorry driver license back home c1 and c2 and plus b as well like UK license
I already been driving in UK on my friends name for last 2 yrs so I’m very confident and very familiar with UK roads and signs he took me ro many round about i had no issue checking mirrors before speed up and change gears use indicators when you change lane and turning fully and properly
Checking blind spots before u move off like I don’t wanna say all things I did cuz I’m sure probably your guys knows about all of this and I’m very good driver he failed me only for 1 serious fault basically last roundabout He said go straight second exit! And i went i bend the car for the roundabout and he said I failed because only for that reason without even minor issues omg how is that possible? I called court to tell then but Birmingham magistrates court they said I have to pay £60 and that’s not accepted cuz if I win the case for sure i get free test or £62 back so it’s like gambling pay us more £60 then we gonna look at it
By the way I’m Kurdish and I been having driving test from august is my third test cuz i paid for some special people to do it faster
So plz anyone tell me am I should be passed or he just being rasict ! There is anything about it it’s really let me down in my life they do that it’s my fifth time they always make little things big for me
Anyone help plz

Scroll to see replies

Yeah you fail if you make even one ‘major’ (serious) fault
It was not serious be made it serious like after i was perfect in 3 other roundabout the last one I didn’t bend very well cuz we were going to straight
And we
Original post by nolifenogirl
I had the test on 8:11am he came out at 8:14 and till we start around 8:20 and I came back to the test Center literally 8:29 because I called my driving Instructer he went to for walk even he was surprised
Anyone been Wednesday or from round Birmingham they know there is many roundabout abouts in Wednesday driving center!
I have lorry driver license back home c1 and c2 and plus b as well like UK license
I already been driving in UK on my friends name for last 2 yrs so I’m very confident and very familiar with UK roads and signs he took me ro many round about i had no issue checking mirrors before speed up and change gears use indicators when you change lane and turning fully and properly

Do you mean you've been breaking the law by driving on your own?
Original post by Muttley79
Do you mean you've been breaking the law by driving on your own?

Is that all matter to you?
Yes but I never a had a accident so I been that good driver I didn’t let anyone hit my car or hit anyone is that not make you relaize how good I’m then I already got my license international
And can u explain what do u mean by braking the law?
Haven’t u seen how many drugs deals on the road and how many people driving without insurance
Explain to me cuz I really wanna know how u think
Yes but I never a had a accident so I been that good driver I didn’t let anyone hit my car or hit anyone is that not make you relaize how good I’m then I already got my license international
Haven’t u seen how many drugs deals on the road and how many people driving without insurance

You won't win the appeal. Just book another test. You made a serious fault and did not preform to the Highway Code. Just accept your mistake and move on. Regardless if you think you're a good driver or not, you made a fault and you accepted that. You're just not happy it wasn't a minor fault. For that, the examiner has discretion and can make a decision. They clearly thought it was unsafe for you to do what you did and failed you.
Well, everything about this sounds dodgy.
Checking blind spots before u move off like I don’t wanna say all things I did cuz I’m sure probably your guys knows about all of this and I’m very good driver he failed me only for 1 serious fault basically last roundabout He said go straight second exit! And i went i bend the car for the roundabout and he said I failed because only for that reason without even minor issues omg how is that possible? I called court to tell then but Birmingham magistrates court they said I have to pay £60 and that’s not accepted cuz if I win the case for sure i get free test or £62 back so it’s like gambling pay us more £60 then we gonna look at it
By the way I’m Kurdish and I been having driving test from august is my third test cuz i paid for some special people to do it faster
So plz anyone tell me am I should be passed or he just being rasict ! There is anything about it it’s really let me down in my life they do that it’s my fifth time they always make little things big for me
Anyone help plz

Why is he being racist?
None of you thought when you have drive test you should atleast drive more than 30 min he only did 10min with me and only i didn’t do serious fault i didn’t put his life in danger
Reply 9
None of you thought when you have drive test you should atleast drive more than 30 min he only did 10min with me and only i didn’t do serious fault i didn’t put his life in danger

No, as soon as you have a fault big enough to fail, you fail. End of test. That could be 10 minutes, could be 10 seconds.

Frankly, given you've been driving illegally for 2 years you should not be allowed a UK license ever, imo, so count yourself lucky you've got the ability to have another chance.
(edited 2 years ago)

You’re breaking the law if you drive in the U.K. without a full U.K. licence and insurance (unless you have a provisional licence with an appropriate supervisor that fulfils the DVSA’s requirements and with correct learner insurance). It’s not a difficult concept to grasp. Just because other people break the law in different ways doesn’t mean you can do so too.
Reply 11
Anyone help plz

Have a look at this for a more thorough explanation of the faults you can receive during a driving test:
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/learning-to-drive/what-is-a-driving-test-fail/
https://www.drivingtestsuccess.com/blog/understanding-driving-test-faults

If you leave a driving lane, you may fail as it’s dangerous. Driving straight across a roundabout or straddling lanes is an example of this. Unfortunately loads of UK adults do this as they’ve picked up bad habits through the years, and they probably wouldn’t pass a modern test without lessons.

To be honest you should be more concerned with the fact that you’ve been driving illegally for so long - this is far more serious than disagreeing with your driving test instructor on a fault, and you put other people’s lives at risk as evidenced by the fact that you failed your first driving test.
Reply 12
This is a big bag of ridiculous. You shouldn't be driving. You only need one serious fault to fail, and you are breaking the law by driving without a licence.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
You’re breaking the law if you drive in the U.K. without a full U.K. license and insurance (unless you have a provisional license with an appropriate supervisor that fulfils the DVSA’s requirements and with correct learner insurance). It’s not a difficult concept to grasp. Just because other people break the law in different ways doesn’t mean you can do so too.

What do you mean by that? I can't be like other people who break the law in different ways? why I need to be good like them and follow the rules been written by someone just like i and u. make rules and make us fool and busy in this world? my dad he has brain stroke cuz of my bad mentality I could pay someone £1700 and nobody knows it and pass it and that's it cuz I believed in my self i'm lorry driver and i been having more than 30 cars so far i'm only 20 So I HOPE U understand just because I was confidence for driving he was make little mistake even is not counted i'm not robot! I only had 1 minor even he was too old to see me when i was looking at mirrors and i already passed 3 roundabout without any issue only last one cuz ihe said go straight second roundabout I did went to bend car by the round about to second round about but i was aware car behind me going to second exist can't be front of him cuz the car behind was close and that ******** couldn't see it how the **** is possible fail only for that/ i already been driving here without license for 3 years without any acceding or damage is that not mean i'm good driver ?
It was not serious be made it serious like after i was perfect in 3 other roundabout the last one I didn’t bend very well cuz we were going to straight
And we

If it’s one of the things on his list of major faults then he has to fail you. That’s how it works. Sometimes instructors are stricter but they generally will not fail you if they don’t have grounds to. They don’t make up fails for no reason because they don’t want to be reported. If it he wanted to make you fail on a serious fault (for whatever reason) he probably would’ve done it earlier in the test and taken you straight back.

The fact that you got through the majority of the test and only failed on the last roundabout suggests that it was a major fault.

Also you say it was the last roundabout but the length of your test seems short. You started at 8:20 and came back 9 minutes later? If so it wouldn’t have been the last roundabout? I might be wrong about what you mean here the paragraph was a bit confusing

Okay first of al you don’t ‘let’ other people hit you sometimes it just happens. If you drive without a valid U.K. license then you are breaking the law. There is no way around this.

Yes lots of people break the law. They are all in the wrong and should not be breaking the law. Laws exist for everyone and everyone should follow them. You may be an incredible driver but none of us on here have been in a car with you so we cannot judge. Regardless, if you drive in the U.K. without a valid U.K. drivers license then you are breaking the law.

A serious fault doesn’t necessarily mean you endangered his life in that second. It could mean that if there was a car next to you and you didn’t safely turn round the roundabout that would be dangerous. If you get a major fault then that automatically ends your test regardless of how long your test lasted. That’s the rules
What do you mean by that? I can't be like other people who break the law in different ways? why I need to be good like them and follow the rules been written by someone just like i and u. make rules and make us fool and busy in this world? my dad he has brain stroke cuz of my bad mentality I could pay someone £1700 and nobody knows it and pass it and that's it cuz I believed in my self i'm lorry driver and i been having more than 30 cars so far i'm only 20 So I HOPE U understand just because I was confidence for driving he was make little mistake even is not counted i'm not robot! I only had 1 minor even he was too old to see me when i was looking at mirrors and i already passed 3 roundabout without any issue only last one cuz ihe said go straight second roundabout I did went to bend car by the round about to second round about but i was aware car behind me going to second exist can't be front of him cuz the car behind was close and that ******** couldn't see it how the **** is possible fail only for that/ i already been driving here without license for 3 years without any acceding or damage is that not mean i'm good driver ?

Laws are there for safety. You should be good because it’s good to be good. Why would you want to be bad. It’s not that hard to just follow the law. The majority of people do it. How have you had 30 cars when you are only 20. That seems like a lot.

He may not have seen it but if he deems you dangerous then that’s it. No way around it. Good drivers can still fail for doing something dangerous. It is an examiners responsibility to make sure people drive well to all the rules on the test. Good drivers fault that’s just how it goes. It’s generally a 50% pass rate on average in the U.K. (varies from place to place)

Regardless of that you are breaking the law. I doubt you will get any sympathy on here. None of your justifications for breaking the law make up for the fact that you break the law.

He doesn’t know how long you’ve been driving he can only examine you on what he sees
(edited 2 years ago)
Serious faults are serious not just because they may be dangerous at the time of the test but because they have the potential to be hazardous in future circumstances. One cannot be passed until the examiner is confident that in all situations you will have the experience and knowledge to avoid potentially dangerous driving.
(edited 2 years ago)
I’m inclined to call ‘troll’ but this account has been around since 2017. (So around twice the time they claim to have been diving illegally and uninsured on the roads with us.) The mind boggles.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending