The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan with pre-settled status?

Hi, If I have pre-settled status (3 years in the UK now) and I'm planning to start studying a 5-year course (medicine) in 2022. Can I apply for a maintenance loan when I'll receive full settlement status in my 2nd year?

Or if I'll start studying as pre-settled I won't be eligible for a maintenance loan over the whole 5 years?

Also, I work and live in the UK but I'm not planning to work during my studies. Should I apply as an EU student or Migrant Worker?
Original post by Kiki666
Hi, If I have pre-settled status (3 years in the UK now) and I'm planning to start studying a 5-year course (medicine) in 2022. Can I apply for a maintenance loan when I'll receive full settlement status in my 2nd year?

Or if I'll start studying as pre-settled I won't be eligible for a maintenance loan over the whole 5 years?

Also, I work and live in the UK but I'm not planning to work during my studies. Should I apply as an EU student or Migrant Worker?

Hi there,

Can I apply for a maintenance loan when I'll receive full settlement status in my 2nd year?

Yes but it all depends on what date you are awarded settled status.

If you are awarded settled status before the start of the academic year then you will be classed as a home student for the full year.

If you are awarded settled status before the end of term 1 then you won't be entitled to Maintenance Loan in Term 1 but you will be classed as a home student from term 2 onwards.
(The same applies for term 2 and term 3).

You must be working to apply as a Migrant Worker yourself, you can find out more information here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks, Isaac
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending