The Student Room Group

Mini roundabout

When at mini roundabout and going straight ahead should should you signal left when taking the exit .
Reply 1
A signal is only necessary where it serves a purpose, generally in a mini roundabout by the time you’re giving the signal you describe the position of your car has told everyone what you’re doing. So I would say no. Similarly if there are no other drivers around there is no need to signal, although I wouldn’t rely on this on a driving test
Original post by Zarek
A signal is only necessary where it serves a purpose, generally in a mini roundabout by the time you’re giving the signal you describe the position of your car has told everyone what you’re doing. So I would say no. Similarly if there are no other drivers around there is no need to signal, although I wouldn’t rely on this on a driving test

Okay thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek

Not necessary as they are so small and you show your intention on approach, left & right signal, no signal means ahead.
Original post by TheDE
Not necessary as they are so small and you show your intention on approach, left & right signal, no signal means ahead.

Ok thank you.
When taking the exit it's moot. By the time you've put it on you're already half way off.

On approach, you can signal left for the benefit of those at waiting at your exit point if there is only a single lane (if there's multiple, it's, once again, rather moot. Most of the traffic will be locals and people who frequent those roads and road position will tell them) entering the mini roundabout, but only if straight ahead is the first exit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending