The Student Room Group

Losing weight ? Drugs?

Why would an otherwise healthy male who had a good and fit body suddenly lose weight and become slim and slender?
He didn't go to the gym but he has a natural well built body neither big nor slim. Just perfectly in between. Now he's thin and slender.
And this is not just from doing sports.

The NGO he works for appears good, has national presence in protecting illegal immigrants but they also have accusations against them that they do this with the help from collaborating with human traffickers, drug dealers etc.

Ever since he went there, his weight loss is noticeable.

I'm worried. Could this be it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would you immediately jump to drug use?!
There could be any number of innocent reasons from simply being on a diet to stress
I don’t really think it’s any of your business.
If his weight loss is due to illegal drugs, that’s even more reason to mind your own business.
Reply 3
Original post by Napp
Why would you immediately jump to drug use?!
There could be any number of innocent reasons from simply being on a diet to stress

Diet can't cause fat to go from thighs, legs and
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Diet can't cause fat to go from thighs, legs and

It can cause fat to go from every part of the body... if fats deposited somewhere it can be burned from there, be it via a diet or from drugs. Seeing as drugs cause weight loss, generally, by lowering the appetite (a form of diet in some ways) a diet most certainly can cause fat loss there.

Failing that said person might simply be ill
Reply 5
Original post by Cancelled Alice
I don’t really think it’s any of your business.
If his weight loss is due to illegal drugs, that’s even more reason to mind your own business.

Interesting profile photo and love the username :lol:
Original post by Napp
Interesting profile photo and love the username :lol:

Thank you, I express cancellable opinions, so I thought why not reflect this in my username.

And the profile photo predicts the outcome of TSR’s wokafying actions. Perhaps it’s inevitable either way.
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
It can cause fat to go from every part of the body... if fats deposited somewhere it can be burned from there, be it via a diet or from drugs. Seeing as drugs cause weight loss, generally, by lowering the appetite (a form of diet in some ways) a diet most certainly can cause fat loss there.

Failing that said person might simply be ill

He had a good chest, thick thighs and calves and well built. Mow he's thin in all these areas
"Shop out of Milk? It must be paedophiles?" makes about as much sense.
Reply 9
He had a good chest, thick thighs and calves and well built. Mow he's thin in all these areas

Doesnt mean hes on drugs... Im somewhat curious though, why are you involving yourself in how he appears? As from your phrasing it rather comes across as a bit of eye candy has changed and youre not happy about that fact?
Original post by Napp
Doesnt mean hes on drugs... Im somewhat curious though, why are you involving yourself in how he appears? As from your phrasing it rather comes across as a bit of eye candy has changed and youre not happy about that fact?

Eye candy is in the face not body. He still looks good in the face but his health is worrying me
Reply 11
Eye candy is in the face not body. He still looks good in the face but his health is worrying me

eye candy can be anything you can see, body included.
If you want an answer go ask him. Ideally, without calling him a smackhead, as insinuated here, unless you want the conversation to go downhill really quickly.
Original post by Napp
eye candy can be anything you can see, body included.
If you want an answer go ask him. Ideally, without calling him a smackhead, as insinuated here, unless you want the conversation to go downhill really quickly.

Don't care about his body but his health deterioration is clearly visible.
Reply 13
Don't care about his body but his health deterioration is clearly visible.

Not s what that has to do with what i said.
Losing weight does not mean his health is 'deteriorating' though. Either way, you speculating with strangers who neither know what is going on nor what he looks like is helpful for neither of you so, once again, go speak to him...
Original post by Napp
Not s what that has to do with what i said.
Losing weight does not mean his health is 'deteriorating' though. Either way, you speculating with strangers who neither know what is going on nor what he looks like is helpful for neither of you so, once again, go speak to him...

Losing what was healthy weight is deterioration if you didn't know. He wasn't fat or obese
Have you spoken to him?
Have you spoken to him?

No
No

Then that’s where to start. How do you know him? How do you know it’s not been intentional to lose some weight?
Then that’s where to start. How do you know him? How do you know it’s not been intentional to lose some weight?

Because he was never fat or obese. He was perfectly well built. Now he's like a stick
Because he was never fat or obese. He was perfectly well built. Now he's like a stick

How does that answer my question??

Quick Reply

Latest