The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. Besides Individuality is far more attractive than a sheep to pretty much anyone.
Original post by Anonymous
I have smoked loads in the past, I just don't know to whether to start permanently?

Just smoke if you wish to do so. No one is going to stop you, it is ultimately your decision.
Do you eat Mcdonalds?

No
Alcohol is worse to be fair and I am sure theres a few alcoholics in this thread too.

Will she be able to instantly tell next week when I see her I haven't smoked in ages and I effectively lied?

????
Original post by Little pecker
This is unironically how I first started smoking in uni

No regrets

Come back and tell us that again when you're fifty (if you haven't had a tracheotomy by then).
Alcohol is worse to be fair and I am sure theres a few alcoholics in this thread too.

If someone was considering becoming a regular drinker because their crush was a regular drinker, we'd tell them the same.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If someone was considering becoming a regular drinker because their crush was a regular drinker, we'd tell them the same.

Yeah, I totally understand the peer pressure side of things but generally speaking people look down on cigarettes alot more than alcohol when in reality alcohol can cause just as much damage as cigarettes. Op obviously shouldnt be influenced by someone else.
Yeah, I totally understand the peer pressure side of things but generally speaking people look down on cigarettes alot more than alcohol when in reality alcohol can cause just as much damage as cigarettes. Op obviously shouldnt be influenced by someone else.

I am easily influenced tbf
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Come back and tell us that again when you're fifty (if you haven't had a tracheotomy by then).

I’ll likely forget about this post, sorry.
I am easily influenced tbf

Being influenced easily is one of the worst things, can cause so many problems in all aspects of life. Fix up
Will she be able to tell if I haven't smoked for ages? Like will she laugh at me or something
Will she be able to tell if I haven't smoked for ages? Like will she laugh at me or something

Why do you care so much
Bro dont get into bad habits because of a girl. shes not even worth it. If she thinks of u anyless bc u dont smoke it isnt gonna work out either way. Think with ur brain and LUNGS not your heart and hormones. It isnt worth it and if you get addicted in a couple years after u break u, you will look back and cringe about this situation. PLUS you arent even certain she likes u. Dont let her manipulate u into bad habits. OP ask ur close friends what to do too, im sure they will agree with the majority of people on this thread..

If thats what ur concerned about u need to fix ur priorities OP
And if she finds out ur lying then yes, you will be renowned as a simp and probably be made fun of .
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by thrivingfrog
Why do you care so much

Maybe because I don't want to make a complete a** of myself haha

Yeah but if you lie to her and then you do end up being together, your whole relationship will be based on lies and you'll make even more of an ass of yourself if she finds out

Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
What was the point in making this thread then if you’ve already made your decision?

If he smokes, he will need more dental appointments :biggrin:

Spoiler

Smoking is a complete dealbreaker for me and I will instantly lose attraction to her

Latest

Trending

Trending