The Student Room Group

do your interests and hobbies matter to girls???

My friends say that girls will find me ''boring'' because I am not interested in popular music, TV shows and the like.

Even so, does that mean I can't be attractive? I mostly enjoy reading on history/politics (my goal is to become a politics journalist/editor) and spending time in nature - camping, hiking, astrophotography.

I just do not enjoy listening to Drake, watching reality shows, partying, drinking, etc. But why would this matter? surely what matters is the other person's character, not his music tastes?
Given that not every female is the exact same copy as the next, and that females are a collection of different people with different interests, then yes, you will be boring to some, but also interesting to others (presumably, those with the same/similar interests to you).
Liking Drake and reality shows makes you basic, not ''interesting''. Much more interesting to do stuff outdoors, imo. But as mesopotamian said, you will attract some girls and not others which is the best anyone can do.
You're clearly just mixing with people who aren't your crowd? Find likeminded friends/women and you'll be in your element
Original post by Anonymous
My friends say that girls will find me ''boring'' because I am not interested in popular music, TV shows and the like.

Even so, does that mean I can't be attractive? I mostly enjoy reading on history/politics (my goal is to become a politics journalist/editor) and spending time in nature - camping, hiking, astrophotography.

I just do not enjoy listening to Drake, watching reality shows, partying, drinking, etc. But why would this matter? surely what matters is the other person's character, not his music tastes?

Oh my lord you are literally me but in a man form. I don’t listen to pop music well some but not rappers I don’t drink or watch reality tv.. I do like to go dancing though. You will find someone who likes what you like not every girl is the same and some girls may like that you don’t like drake or reality tv. Girls aren’t cookie cutters we are all different in our own ways

And I find most girls boring who follow celebrity gossip, TV shows and the like. Tit for tat, 0 fs given roll credits goodbye.

My brain would rather jump off a bridge than have to listen to Love Island gossip. ffs
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Oh my lord you are literally me but in a man form. I don’t listen to pop music well some but not rappers I don’t drink or watch reality tv.. I do like to go dancing though. You will find someone who likes what you like not every girl is the same and some girls may like that you don’t like drake or reality tv. Girls aren’t cookie cutters we are all different in our own ways

Original post by xxx0xxxo
You're clearly just mixing with people who aren't your crowd? Find likeminded friends/women and you'll be in your element

Original post by Mesopotamian.
Given that not every female is the exact same copy as the next, and that females are a collection of different people with different interests, then yes, you will be boring to some, but also interesting to others (presumably, those with the same/similar interests to you).

Original post by GyrosUberAlles
Liking Drake and reality shows makes you basic, not ''interesting''. Much more interesting to do stuff outdoors, imo. But as mesopotamian said, you will attract some girls and not others which is the best anyone can do.

I have a few examples. Back in August, a girl asked me for my insta and I said I don't have one (I only use flickr as my photo album and WhatsApp to talk to friends). She was friends with a friend of mine. A few days later, my friend asked me to go out with him and his friends but I declined because I really didn't like where they were going (I really hate clubs). He told me I'm boring and girls won't like me if I keep being like this. I presume his friend had talked to him about it but I didn't ask. This is not the first time something like this happened.
I have a few examples. Back in August, a girl asked me for my insta and I said I don't have one (I only use flickr as my photo album and WhatsApp to talk to friends). She was friends with a friend of mine. A few days later, my friend asked me to go out with him and his friends but I declined because I really didn't like where they were going (I really hate clubs). He told me I'm boring and girls won't like me if I keep being like this. I presume his friend had talked to him about it but I didn't ask. This is not the first time something like this happened.

Step one: find better friends.
Step two: talk to girls who have similar interests to you or girls who won't mind if you don't go clubbing with them (tf?)
Step three: more self-confidence, less self-doubt

I don’t have social media either I have never had a boyfriend my friends try to set me up with people and it gets annoying.. I kinda just gave up trying for men.. but you got this you don’t seem boring at all to me

OP, follow the advice below:

Original post by CountBread
Step one: find better friends.
Step two: talk to girls who have similar interests to you or girls who won't mind if you don't go clubbing with them (tf?)
Step three: more self-confidence, less self-doubt
Reply 10
Most of my exes have not shared the majority of my interests, come to think of it

For one it was a big problem because she was not really a music head and I was gigging in 2 bands every weekend at the time - she didn't 'get' that and thus resented it

For the others it wasn't a big deal at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending