The Student Room Group

How do you get over a crush after many years?

I've had a crush on someone for years and it won't go away. I know he was crushing on me too but neither of us ever did anything about it. They got with someone else anyway and they've been engaged a few years now. I know nothing will ever happen between us, they look happy together so there is no hope but I just can't seem to get over the crush and it's been years. It's so hard, I'm having to going through this but my crush is unaffected and it just hurts that we didn't get a chance together and they're not available now. I've tried everything to get over crush but nothing works. I think the only way is to have a relationship of my own but I can't seem to meet anyone, I'm been trying online dating for a few months now with no luck. I'm also so anxious as I've never been in a relationship before and the idea scares me. It's ridiculous, I'm a grown adult but I don't know what else to do. It feels as though I will never get over the crush. I thought if I never saw them again, it would make me forget but it hasn't helped at all. I haven't seen my crush since ages before covid so like over a year but every time I saw my crush they would stare at me intensely even while in a relationship so it was giving me mixed singles like do you like your partner or me or what? So confusing. It has gotten better, I think of my crush less but sometimes it is too much. I didn't ask for this and don't want to feel like this anymore but I can't do anything about it ☹️

I'm the only one this has ever happened to. Everyone eventually gets over something like this within a couple of months but not me, it so unfair. Why did this have to happen to me? It feels as though it never will end. I will never forget my crush and will never find someone of my own. I will never be happy.
You probably shouldn’t try getting into a relationship, give yourself time.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
You probably shouldn’t try getting into a relationship, give yourself time.

How much time? I've had years already of time
Original post by Anonymous
How much time? I've had years already of time

How ever long it takes you to deal with it.
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
How ever long it takes you to deal with it.

That is likely to never happen
Reply 5
"I've never been in a relationship before and the idea scares me."

That is the issue that you need to examine and address. You are hanging on to a crush as an excuse and means of avoidance of a more intimate situation. Get help.
I also tried to get over my crush, but still i could not forget him. He was my first crush .
Make sure you cut them out of your life. Unfollow on any social media. The more you see them, the more those feelings resurface.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I also tried to get over my crush, but still i could not forget him. He was my first crush .

Aww I surprisingly got over my first crush quickly but this one guy I can't seem to forget.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending