The Student Room Group

I eat roughly 1300 a day - I am not loosing . Am I eating too little ?

I eat roughly 1300 a day - I weight 50 kg about and am 158 cm (woman) I am not loosing weight and I exercise everyday for at least 40 mins and I also have a job on my feet all day . Am I eating too little ? Please be kind I’m recovering from an Ed and I want my period back but want to loose weight in a healthy way still
50kg is a wonderful weight! Have you been told you need to do so from a doctor or something? If not, I would speak to your doctor, maybe weight isn't the only reason as to why your period isn't coming (not to scare you btw)

Props to you for recovering by the way!
You want your period back but still want to lose weight. Nice.
Reply 3
In your last sentence you said you "want to loose weight in a healthy way still". At your height and weight, that's not possible. If you keep losing weight then you'll start approaching essential body fat levels, which is not healthy. The body actively resists becoming that lean by shutting down processes which are less essential to staying alive, such as having your period, so that it expends less energy.

I can't possibly fully understand an eating disorder, but losing more weight is not what you should be doing. If you haven't already, then perhaps speaking to a doctor or professional who deals with this will be more far beneficial. You need to realise that you're already a healthy weight, but very malnourished, especially for someone with a relatively high activity level.
I think it is very necessary to eat properly if anyone, to maintain a healthy life, just follow a balance daily routine ..
Sometimes, when you eat too little your body goes into "survival mode". I would start to eat a little bit more every day and get up to maybe 1800/2000 calories and then if you cut calories or exercise well then you will maybe lose weight. Keep in mind that at first you might gain a little weight and that will be scary but its your bodies way of staying healthy and you will probably get your period back then. I am 155cm and weigh 53kg (18F) and I think I am at a healthy weight, so dont worry a lot. I know EDs can be very scary and hard, and I am proud of you for working through this and recovering. You seem very brave
(edited 2 years ago)
You are not in recovery if you are trying to lose weight when already underweight. And yes, you are eating too little.
Reply 7
Original post by erindontlikethis
I eat roughly 1300 a day - I weight 50 kg about and am 158 cm (woman) I am not loosing weight and I exercise everyday for at least 40 mins and I also have a job on my feet all day . Am I eating too little ? Please be kind I’m recovering from an Ed and I want my period back but want to loose weight in a healthy way still

We both weigh the same and we are both the same height weirdly, but you are a healthy weight and you don't need to lose anymore weight which is why your body isn't doing so. Especially in ED recover, you should not be considering weight loss, if you want your period back focus on eating healthy than losing weight!

Quick Reply

Latest