The Student Room Group

I have 6 A*s in alevel AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
Will you pay for them?

Nah mate. But it will be cheaper then paying for uni, so you'll afford it, don't worry mate. But at least you'll have a goal in life.
to be fair 6 is actually very medial here on TSR. Now had you said 8+ the collective community would be spamming your PMs
Original post by Gidray
Nah mate. But it will be cheaper then paying for uni, so you'll afford it, don't worry mate. But at least you'll have a goal in life.

CIE offers 65 A-levels but some of them are only AS and some are country specific, so I guess I can minus 25 from that but even then 40 A-levels are not cheap and I'll need to get tutors too and tutors are also expensive.
I posted this in another thread but I think it has, arguably, more relevance here.

Original post by 0ptics
How do people still enjoy the “your x (impossible grades) are crap, try and get better y (even higher impossible grades)” joke? I thought those types of jokes were overused on TSR.
Original post by 0ptics
I posted this in another thread but I think it has, arguably, more relevance here.

how is this relevant? i'm not making fun of anyone.
how is this relevant? i'm not making fun of anyone.

Just an observation of this thread. Also, it wasn’t directed at you, but at everyone who uses said joke. Obviously, you don’t have to agree as it’s just a subjective opinion but, once again, it’s merely an observation.
Reply 86
CIE offers 65 A-levels but some of them are only AS and some are country specific, so I guess I can minus 25 from that but even then 40 A-levels are not cheap and I'll need to get tutors too and tutors are also expensive.

Well you need to compensate for something mate. You won't be able to afford it if you live in a shed. Maybe you can get a job if you're broke. You'll still have a goal in life, so it's only a win-win situation for you mate and problem-solved.
Original post by Gidray
Well you need to compensate for something mate. You won't be able to afford it if you live in a shed. Maybe you can get a job if you're broke. You'll still have a goal in life, so it's only a win-win situation for you mate and problem-solved.

what's the point of 40 A-levels? I would bin my 6 if i could.
Reply 88
what's the point of 40 A-levels? I would bin my 6 if i could.

To have a goal in life? Just a suggestion mate, don't need to take it if you don't want it, but I thought you said you liked revising and that's the only thing you do. Also, you don't need tutors to do A-Levels. Anyone can get 6A*s without a tutor mate. You should be able to do 40. Easy stuff mate.
Where do u live is u don't mind me asking?
Original post by Gidray
To have a goal in life? Just a suggestion mate, don't need to take it if you don't want it, but I thought you said you liked revising and that's the only thing you do. Also, you don't need tutors to do A-Levels. Anyone can get 6A*s without a tutor mate. You should be able to do 40. Easy stuff mate.

I liked revising when I did my A-levels, I didn't say I liked revising though, I only said I revised a lot. I went to school when I was doing A-levels and my teachers taught me, I didn't have the need to hire tutors.
Where do u live is u don't mind me asking?

somewhere in Asia.
How did you keep up without wanting to commit suicide?
Original post by The RAR
How did you keep up without wanting to commit suicide?

I did not want to die then.
Reply 94
I liked revising when I did my A-levels, I didn't say I liked revising though, I only said I revised a lot. I went to school when I was doing A-levels and my teachers taught me, I didn't have the need to hire tutors.

You just contradicted yourself mate. You said you like revising now you're saying you don't like revising. You're also saying you didn't need tutors, whereas a few posts ago you said you would hire tutors. Something doesn't seem right. Is it just me or is something just a little off here? Troll better.
I really don't understand why people responded so rudely to OP because honestly this person was just trying to offer some advice and teach others how to get good grades and how to revise. why you lot acting up for smh. Anyways could you (OP) give me advice on how you revised for chem and bio please.
Original post by Gidray
You just contradicted yourself mate. You said you like revising now you're saying you don't like revising. You're also saying you didn't need tutors, whereas a few posts ago you said you would hire tutors. Something doesn't seem right. Is it just me or is something just a little off here? Troll better.

Try reading my post lol, I said I need tutors if i'm doing 40 A-levels but when I did 6 I went to school so I didn't need them. I never said I liked revising, I only said I revised.
I really don't understand why people responded so rudely to OP because honestly this person was just trying to offer some advice and teach others how to get good grades and how to revise. why you lot acting up for smh. Anyways could you (OP) give me advice on how you revised for chem and bio please.

I made flashcards for both biology and chemistry, I started making flashcards from year 12 itself and then I used the active recall/spaced repetition thing and went over them until I had them committed to my memory and then I did past papers. This was for AS level and for CIE you need to memorize almost the entire textbook for AS because they ask everything in the MCQ paper. For A2, I still went over my AS flashcards as that content is still tested in the A2 paper but I didn't memorize everything as not everything is tested in A2 because there is no MCQ paper but A2 papers are more difficult as the content gets trickier and so does the questions because of this practicing past papers is absolutely essential.
5? I thought it was 12 A*, 12 Gems (before even registering) and a sleuth of NatSci degrees from Oxbridge! Have I been misled!?
good luck finding a partner then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending