The Student Room Group

Ucas Applications

Hi.I’m starting my ucas process today.I have until the 26th which is the deadline for the ucas applications.Will I be able to meet the deadlines?
Reply 1
What have you gotten done so far?
Original post by Ahmed788
Hi.I’m starting my ucas process today.I have until the 26th which is the deadline for the ucas applications.Will I be able to meet the deadlines?

The equal consideration deadline is on the 26th of January at 6:00 pm.
Reply 3
Original post by coco:)
What have you gotten done so far?

I know what I’m going to study at the uni and everything I just have to fill the forms but I haven’t started my personal statement yet and have to give it time.Will a week be enough?plus teacher recommendations are still left too
I know what I’m going to study at the uni and everything I just have to fill the forms but I haven’t started my personal statement yet and have to give it time.Will a week be enough?plus teacher recommendations are still left too

The reference would be the only thing I'd be concerned about as it's the only thing not entirely within your control. I'd recommend getting this sorted and chased up asap. You can't send the reference request until the rest of your application is finished but you can have them write it in advance so it is just a matter of uploading it.

For the rest of the application, there is still definitely enough time. TSR stresses over personal statements a lot but they are very short and can be written in an afternoon and spend the next few days revising it and checking over it. UCAS itself is very straightforward and you can have your account created and all your education/personal details inputted in one sitting.
Reply 5

You've left quite a lot of important things a bit late so there may be some compromise on the quality of your application.

As the user above said make sure you chase up your teacher reference so that they know they need to provide one. Start on your personal statement as soon as you can (right now if possible)! Try and make sure to submit everything a few days before the deadline as UCAS will get very busy close to the 26th.

I suggest making this your top priority at the moment if you want to go to university next academic year.

What and where are you thinking of applying to? Some universities weigh up certain aspects of your application differently.
Reply 6
You've left quite a lot of important things a bit late so there may be some compromise on the quality of your application.

As the user above said make sure you chase up your teacher reference so that they know they need to provide one. Start on your personal statement as soon as you can (right now if possible)! Try and make sure to submit everything a few days before the deadline as UCAS will get very busy close to the 26th.

I suggest making this your top priority at the moment if you want to go to university next academic year.

What and where are you thinking of applying to? Some universities weigh up certain aspects of your application differently.

Yes I know.I’m very stressed about it.Have got all the time this week nothing else to do until the applications so will be giving it all the time needed.I’ll be applying to soas,kings,ucl,Manchester
Reply 7
Yes I know.I’m very stressed about it.Have got all the time this week nothing else to do until the applications so will be giving it all the time needed.I’ll be applying to soas,kings,ucl,Manchester

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Good luck :smile:

Best case scenario.I got covid positive today now I have extra plenty of time as I’ll be locked in my room but I’ll need help in the personal statement.
Reply 9
Best case scenario.I got covid positive today now I have extra plenty of time as I’ll be locked in my room but I’ll need help in the personal statement.

Well there's lots of good advice in the personal statement area of this site to get you started, and plenty of people here willing to give tips :smile: (Just remember not to send the actual content of your personal statement (either on the public forum or in private messages to strangers), stick to emailing teachers or family for feedback on your actual writing or you could get flagged for plagiarism.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending