The Student Room Group

What am I supposed to do?

I moved to a new city with my partner of 4 years, I started university and she was planning to work here. It's been almost 5 months and she dislikes the city because feels her hobbies can't be done here and the general atmosphere of the town.
She's also having a hard time with what she wants to do with the rest of his life and feels she's too old (25) to achieve anything she wants to do which impacts her job search massively, I'm trying to help her and suggest training/work ideas to jump into a career that might support her in her 'plan of life' but she constantly rejects them. She doesn't seem to want to consider any other career path and also doesn't really put any effort into her dreams in working with wildlife/nature/conservation, I think generally because it feels too difficult to achieve because most things seem to require a degree which she doesn't want to do.
I feel really lost in what else I could really do to support her and help her achieve what she wants to, I'm scared its going to impact our relationship negatively as the strains of it are already showing
Talking as someone a bit older, I want you to take a step back mentally and think about what YOU need right now. How is your degree going so far? Are you settled at the university and in the city? You worked hard to get a place at uni and much as I respect you for considering your girlfriends life goals so much, she may have to consider making it a long distance thing if she really cannot make it work. Trying to start your degree elsewhere is going to give you no end of pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending