The Student Room Group

Am I immune to covid

I only took the first covid vaccine and for the past few days both my parents have had covid (both had all 3). I have been checking everyday and im negative each time. Ive never caught it and its pretty mad. Are vaccines just pointless then?
Original post by Anonymous
I only took the first covid vaccine and for the past few days both my parents have had covid (both had all 3). I have been checking everyday and im negative each time. Ive never caught it and its pretty mad. Are vaccines just pointless then?

not necessarily, the vaccine is to prevent you from getting covid bad. it’s not there to stop you from getting it all together.

when i had covid at the beginning of january (living in a house of 4) i was the only one that had it and no one had caught it from me despite i was still going around the house just with a mask on :smile:
The vaccines are not intended to provide immunity from covid.
Nor ensure that all vaccinated individuals cannot infect any one else.
They are meant to reduce the risk of experiencing the most severe symptoms and boost the survival chances of those that are the highest risk from covid due to pre-existing health problems/age/genetics/unhealthy lifestyle choices.

Quick Reply

Latest