The Student Room Group

Friends

Hi,
So I’ve been friends with a group of friends for a while. I am quite a distanced person and I suffer from anxiety. There was an incident that occurred, where a family member party was happening and I didn’t invite them properly. After this they all distanced themselves from me, however did reach out soon after. We went out, but something had blown out of proportion, and I had kept asking what happened and was essentially left embarrassed. I ghosted them all for a few months, however they have still tried to keep some sort of contact m. What should I do? I so realise whilst I was friends with them previously, I wasn’t a great friend, however due to the last situation, I’m not sure if I should try resolve things, or should I just take things slowly?
Reply 1
If you want to be friends with them, then make an effort to meet and talk with them. Otherwise just let it be.

I would also say that you do not have to invite your friends to every event that you attend, particularly if it is for and/or arranged by members of your family.
Original post by 0le
If you want to be friends with them, then make an effort to meet and talk with them. Otherwise just let it be.

I would also say that you do not have to invite your friends to every event that you attend, particularly if it is for and/or arranged by members of your family.

That’s great advice. They were great friends and I took advantage of that. It was a family members wedding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending