The Student Room Group

Unconditional offers

Hi, so I’ve received an unconditional offer and I intend to choose it as my insurance.

However, I have a few questions.

If I decide to accept an unconditional offer as my insurance, does this mean if I don’t get my first civilise I will automatically be expected to attend my insurance?

Also, I’m not completely certain about wanting to go to my insurance, so if I accept it and don’t get into my first choice and decide I don’t want to go to my insurance come results day, is it possible for me to decline going if you know what I mean?
Original post by Psychidiot12
Hi, so I’ve received an unconditional offer and I intend to choose it as my insurance.

However, I have a few questions.

If I decide to accept an unconditional offer as my insurance, does this mean if I don’t get my first civilise I will automatically be expected to attend my insurance?

Also, I’m not completely certain about wanting to go to my insurance, so if I accept it and don’t get into my first choice and decide I don’t want to go to my insurance come results day, is it possible for me to decline going if you know what I mean?

Hiya

Based on this source, I think you are automatically expected to go to your insurance choice if you don't get your firm. If, however, you're not keen on attending the insurance choice then you'll have to contact the university and ask them to release you into clearing.

Maybe @McGinger can confirm this?

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Psychidiot12

You dont have to have an Insurance choice at all if you dont want one.

If your Firm rejects you then yes, that automatically slips to your Insuarnce to see if they will accept you instead.
If they do accept you, you can decisde to decline that and enter Clearing once UCAS reopens on Results Day Morning - but clearly the simpler thing to do would be to decline that Insurance now if you already know you don't want to go there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending