The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

How lenient is Swansea uni?

I applied for engineering with BCE but I think I might get DDD or one/ two Cs at best unfortunately. Mental health has definitely been an issue but I don’t think I can make this known anywhere to help my case somewhat. I also don’t really know how clearing works, is it possible they accept me without me going into clearing even if grades are Lower? They’re my firm choice with no insurance choice. I also received an email a while back saying If you have concerns that your offer to study with us does not feel realistic, or because you have received a lower or even unconditional offer from another university, please get in touch, as we would like to talk to you. We can be flexible and will take your individual circumstances into consideration. but I’m not exactly sure what this means as to how I could respond. Please help 😭I have received lower offers than BBB.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cactus333
I applied for engineering with BCE but I think I might get DDD or one/ two Cs at best unfortunately. Mental health has definitely been an issue but I don’t think I can make this known anywhere to help my case somewhat. I also don’t really know how clearing works, is it possible they accept me without me going into clearing even if grades are Lower? They’re my firm choice with no insurance choice. I also received an email a while back saying If you have concerns that your offer to study with us does not feel realistic, or because you have received a lower or even unconditional offer from another university, please get in touch, as we would like to talk to you. We can be flexible and will take your individual circumstances into consideration. but I’m not exactly sure what this means as to how I could respond. Please help 😭I have received lower offers than BBB.

1) Phone Swansea and find out what that email actually means.
2) Ask you school to send them an email about your mental health problems.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Cactus333

Hi,

Please contact the admissions department to discuss your circumstances and explain your concerns. Clearing opens the beginning of July but even though you can start completely the clearing application, you will be unable to fully submit it until you have your results. We will not know until the lead up to results what courses have availability and what grades will be considered, however, we always try and do what is best for you even if that means a change of course such as a foundation entry. If you can speak to the team prior to results, then hopefully it can elevate some of the concerns you have.

They are there to help you.

Del

Quick Reply

Latest