The Student Room Group

physical appearance going bad due to exams

i have GCSEs and i am working so had to get those top grades. it's been so long since i've been revising many hours a day and i feel like i am gaining weight because i comfort eat when i am stressed. i have so much acne on my face also due to the stress.
i just feel like i haven't been looking after my appearance that much and it is making me self-conscious again.
thankfully, i only have a week or two left until the holidays

idk what this was, a rant??
I think in times of stress it's easy for your whole normal routine to be thrown out the window, so you might not be eating at regular intervals anymore, you might be forgetting to wash as frequently as you normally would. This is pretty common when stressed, so don't worry, just ensure you start taking steps towards getting that routine back so you don't start neglecting yourself.
You could perhaps make yourself a daily timetable or a daily check list, either of which could include the revision you want to get done for the day, but also when you are going to, for example, have each meal, you could even meal plan if you think that will help you. Setting these little goals for yourself will remind you to look after yourself, you could even set reminders on your phone if that's easier.

Look after yourself, hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest