Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you annoyed/hurt if people called you 'Old' Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you annoyed/hurt if people called you 'Old'
    Yes
    15.00%
    No..
    85.00%

ReputationRep:
    Like "Your too old already", or "Grow up, your not a kid anymore", "Act your age", "Don't you think you a little bit late..."

Wait, I don't get it.. dont you mean when people call you young?

ReputationRep:
    Conversely i can't stand people who get all psyked about getting old.

Like '***** i'm 19, one year away from being 20 omgzz'

Suggests complete vanity..

ReputationRep:
    Normally get the opposite people thinking I'm younger then I am...so no.

ReputationRep:
    I just answer back, I'm not that old yet. Plus 21 isn't old, it's older when comparing with like when you were 16 etc. And sometimes people need to be told 'act your age'...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Rei. The examples you gave are not neccessarily related to being called old. an example is when my friend called me 'Grandad' a few times XP. I didn't mind at all to be honest. But I see what you mean in the examples. It can get irritatiing after a while, when they keep on saying it everytime.

And yeah 'act your age, not your shoe size!' XD

ReputationRep:
    Nobody ever said this to me

ReputationRep:
    OP, these things imply that you're immature, not that you're "old".

ReputationRep:
    I do get my family saying to me that I'm very sensible (about some things) like I rarely go out anymore and hate nights out with them cos I admit I'm boring and don't really drink either lol That and I have given up on sexy shoes, I am buying grannyish hush puppies anymore!!! My mum will never understand the lack of stilettos!

ReputationRep:
    I wish people would call me old
    I like it makes me feel grown up. As for "act your age", no one ever has to say that I'm a mature young lady me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I DONT wanna be 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    Conversely i can't stand people who get all psyked about getting old.

Like '***** i'm 19, one year away from being 20 omgzz'

Suggests complete vanity..
    ha say that when you hit my age of 27

i freaked out completely at 26

funnily enough at 27 i wasnt bad at all

not looking forward to the big 30 though

ReputationRep:
    I already feel old I got wrinkles.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get called old...I feel old sometimes, even though I'm still a 'teenager'.

ReputationRep:
    I get called old as a joke because I had a gap year and I hang around with a lot of people who didn't. Doesn't bother me though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.