The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wait, I don't get it.. dont you mean when people call you young?
Reply 2
Conversely i can't stand people who get all psyked about getting old.

Like '***** i'm 19, one year away from being 20 omgzz'

Suggests complete vanity..
Reply 3
Normally get the opposite people thinking I'm younger then I am...so no.
Reply 4
I just answer back, I'm not that old yet. Plus 21 isn't old, it's older when comparing with like when you were 16 etc. And sometimes people need to be told 'act your age'...
Reply 5
I agree with Rei. The examples you gave are not neccessarily related to being called old. an example is when my friend called me 'Grandad' a few times XP. I didn't mind at all to be honest. But I see what you mean in the examples. It can get irritatiing after a while, when they keep on saying it everytime.

And yeah 'act your age, not your shoe size!' XD
Nobody ever said this to me :s-smilie:
OP, these things imply that you're immature, not that you're "old".
I do get my family saying to me that I'm very sensible (about some things) like I rarely go out anymore and hate nights out with them cos I admit I'm boring and don't really drink either lol That and I have given up on sexy shoes, I am buying grannyish hush puppies anymore!!! My mum will never understand the lack of stilettos!
Reply 9
I wish people would call me old :frown:
I like it makes me feel grown up. As for "act your age", no one ever has to say that I'm a mature young lady me :p:
I DONT wanna be 20:frown:
Tom1390
Conversely i can't stand people who get all psyked about getting old.

Like '***** i'm 19, one year away from being 20 omgzz'

Suggests complete vanity..

ha say that when you hit my age of 27

i freaked out completely at 26

funnily enough at 27 i wasnt bad at all

not looking forward to the big 30 though
Reply 12
I already feel old I got wrinkles.
I don't get called old...I feel old sometimes, even though I'm still a 'teenager'.
Reply 14
I get called old as a joke because I had a gap year and I hang around with a lot of people who didn't. Doesn't bother me though

Latest

Trending

Trending