The Student Room Group

A Level Results day 2022

Hi, I am in a more complex situation which I need to understand before tomorrow, so if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

I already have an unconditional offer from a university which I have accepted, so that is now my firm choice and confirmed place. However I would like to try for another university through clearing. If I want to do this, do I have to cancel my unconditional offer first and then try through clearing or is there any other method without having to cancel my unconditional offer?

Thanks guys.
Original post by marajadex
Hi, I am in a more complex situation which I need to understand before tomorrow, so if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

I already have an unconditional offer from a university which I have accepted, so that is now my firm choice and confirmed place. However I would like to try for another university through clearing. If I want to do this, do I have to cancel my unconditional offer first and then try through clearing or is there any other method without having to cancel my unconditional offer?

Thanks guys.

You can contact other universities. They may or may not be willing to consider you if you’re placed elsewhere - it’s entirely at their discretion.
Hello

You can certainly change the university you want to study at even though you have confirmed a place at another Uni. We would suggest you visit other uni websites or call them to ascertain spaces. If you then decide to change, simply apply through clearing. DO NOT with draw your place at your original Uni choice until you have been accepted on to another course as you could be left with no uni space.

You are not deemed as attending a course until you enrol at the start of the academic year.

I hope this helps

Solent University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending