The Student Room Group

Starting sixth form college

stupid question i know but how do you not be alone during the first days of starting a new sixth form college by yourself? like how do you even go about getting lunch and having break with people? 😭 its a standalone college but im still worried people might go in groups and im all by myself
I was in your shoes a year ago, I didn’t know anyone who was going to my sixth form and found it pretty daunting. However, once you remember many people are in the same boat as you it comes a little more bearable.

A word of advice, this is a chance to reinvent yourself, be confident, speak to as many people as you can the first few weeks and find a group with likeminded people where you’ll fit in! After the first half term its a little harder to make friends since everyone’s already in their friendship groups, so use the first few weeks to interact with as much people as possible.
Reply 2
Original post by PixiePresents
I was in your shoes a year ago, I didn’t know anyone who was going to my sixth form and found it pretty daunting. However, once you remember many people are in the same boat as you it comes a little more bearable.

A word of advice, this is a chance to reinvent yourself, be confident, speak to as many people as you can the first few weeks and find a group with likeminded people where you’ll fit in! After the first half term its a little harder to make friends since everyone’s already in their friendship groups, so use the first few weeks to interact with as much people as possible.

Thank you! did you manage to make friends in the first few weeks? Making convos is kinda stressful to me cause the only thing i can think of is the generic what classes are you doing 😭
Original post by tulsajf345
Thank you! did you manage to make friends in the first few weeks? Making convos is kinda stressful to me cause the only thing i can think of is the generic what classes are you doing 😭

Dw everyone overuses that phrase so much 😭 I was so socially awkward the first week or so and quite quiet, which I regret. I made friends with one person in my form group and stuck with her, then made friends with her friends ect. Now I have a pretty tight knit group which I’m thankful for :smile:

Eventhough it worked, I wouldn’t approach it how I did, I regret not being more charismatic and confident the first few weeks, since everyone is in the same boat it’s easier to make friends within that time.
Reply 4
Original post by tulsajf345
stupid question i know but how do you not be alone during the first days of starting a new sixth form college by yourself? like how do you even go about getting lunch and having break with people? 😭 its a standalone college but im still worried people might go in groups and im all by myself

omg yh SAMEEEE. Basically in my skl there are like two colleges where majority of the school r going to. Then the one im going to idk a single person from my skl, and im quite popular so if i dont know them ive prob never seen them before. Mines a standalone college too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending