The Student Room Group

Ill

Firstly I should say that I'm never ill. I'm quite physically fit and lead quite a healthy lifestyle. But in the past month or so I've had a few days of illness (which I put down to fresher's flu) and I fell down the stairs last week. I banged my head quite badly and cut my leg. I didn't go to the doctor at the time because I figured I'd be fine in the morning but ever since then I've been having headaches. Combined with the sore throat/persistent coughing/chest pains I'm feeling not good and I'm starting to panic about my leg being infected/head injury or whatever. But I can't believe all these seemingly unconnected things are suddenly wrong with me - I feel like I must be overreacting! I don't even know what I'd say if I went to the doctor; I've got so many separate complains that I'd sound like such a hypochondriac. Do I sound like a complete faker to you? I feel like they'll laugh me out of their office and put a note on my file saying I'm a hypochondriac (which I'm starting to worry that I must be :s-smilie: ).
You don't go to the doctor's very often then, do you? It's fun complaining to them. Just go to your GP and do it.
Reply 2
I;d go to the doctor if you're worried, which it seems you are. I doubt they'll think you a hypochondriac if its the first time you've been for something like this! its worth checking out & making sure especially if you've just started uni cause stuff spreads around so quick - in my uni theres been a mumps scare, at exeter theyve had an email sent round about an outbreak of meningitus and loads of my friends from home have all got conjunctivitus recently!
Doctor's have probably heard a lot worse to be honest.
Go and just say how you feel - it's not a big deal talking to a Dr, it is part of their job to listen and not judge!
Reply 4
erm bad bang to the head...headaches since - why have you not been to the doctors already.

Tell him/her about your fall. Show them your leg. Mention you've had a cold, though it's not massively relatated.

Latest

Trending

Trending